Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetiecakepie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 01:21 PM
    I am 17 and want to no what my chances are of being pregnant
    The first day of my last period was November 24th and I just had sex without any form of protection 3 days ago(december 17th) and I was wanting to no what are my chances of being pregnant because I a SUPER DUPER scared and stressed out about it even though its only been two weeks... I've been on some ovulation calendar websites but I have no idea how long my cycle is so I don't know how accurate they are butit said that I wasn't ovulating that day... can someone plaese give me some advice it would be greatly apppreciated
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 01:24 PM
    It would be possible, the things with odds are you can always be that 1 in 20 if there is even a 5 percent chance.

Sex anytime without birth control can result in a baby. That is why there should not be unprotected sex until you are ready to have a baby.

Also there are 100's of STD that can be transfed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2007, 01:25 PM
    No way we can know. Anytime you have unprotected sex, you take the risk.

Home pregnancy tests, however are pretty accurate and some can detect after only a few days or weeks. So go to your nearest drugstore (or farthest if you want to remain anonymous) and check out the tests and see which will give the earliest detection.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 20, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Sorry you're scared honey. It's a little soon to know if you're pregnant or not yet. So, take a deep breath. You said you weren't sure how long your cycle was. Let me ask you this. Are your periods usually regular? Do you know about when you are due for one? Do you use any type of birth control?

If you don't get one in 2 or 3 weeks, use a home pregnancy test. They are cheap and easy to use. When you use it, use it the first time you go pee in the morning, as it is more likely to be accurate then. Home pregnancy tests aren't always accurate. You could get a false positive or negative. So, if it says "no", keep a close eye on your cycle and if you don't get the period soon, go get a pregnancy test at the doctor's. If it says "yes", obviously see a doctor, but keep in mind that it could be an error.

It's impossible to know at this point. It's good that you weren't ovulating, but that doesn't mean that you aren't pregnant. A woman can get pregnant at ANY time of the month, sometimes even if she is taking birth control pills. That's why it's important to use condoms too. I could go on and on about how you shouldn't be having sex at your age, but you know what? I did when I was your age too, so I can't talk, lol. Just do be sure that you are protecting yourself, and make sure that the guy you are with is a good person who you know will support you and stick by you if you do get pregnant.

In the meantime, avoid alcohol and nicotine just to be safe. If you are taking any medications which you can't take while pregnant, see a doctor and tell him/her about you concerns. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck and let me know how you are doing. Try to relax and enjoy the holidays. If you're not pregnant, stressing out will just make you more likely to have a late period anyway, at least for me it does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chances I could be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex the day after my period stopped. That was 10 days ago and I have this aching pain sort of like cramps but different, slight and erratic nausea (mainly at bedtime Usually I associate these feelings with PMS but I've still got 2 / 3 weeks to go and I never get it this early. I...

Chances of being pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm going on 9weeks since my last period.. I have already missed two periods.. I'm telling my mother Thursday.. However I'm still getting mixed results from HPTS. I have terrible headaches, slight nausea it was a lot worse but here lately its been OK, my breasts are very tender, and I getting...

What are the chances of me been pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant, and if so what are the chances? My period started on the 20th May and lasted till the 26th, I had sex with my boyfriend on the 27th, 28th, 29th 30th, 31st and the 2nd, we did not use contraception and each time he came inside me. What are the chances of me been pregnant? And...

Chances of being pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

Its been 14 days now and still so sign of AF. 3 negative HPTs sucks!! Still have all the symptoms like frequent urination, breasts still sensitive and swollen(nipples slightly inverted since last week, weird!! ) and getting a little darker, had backache since early this week and it seems like I...

What are the chances of me being pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. So me and my boyfriend have been sexually active. The problem is last night when we were having sex he pulled out and, the condom broke I'm so scared.. could I be pregnant? We are 18.

View more questions Search