Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiffydee Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Puppy and swollen cheek
    4mo old brittany spaniel. Woke up this am and she has a swollen lower lip toward the joint. She loves to chew fire wood. Should I be real concerned? She is still eating and drinking just calmer than usual.
    Under_a_rock Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2007, 09:31 AM
    She may have gotten a splinter from the wood and it got infected. Try to look inside.
    kiffydee Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Thank you . Yes she has a small hole , between her cheek and gum. Nothing in it and no puss. Which is great. I am monitering her for infection. Should I use a salt water soultion like we do for canker sores?
    Thank you
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 10:14 AM
    With the weekend and holiday next week, better call the vet.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Kiffydee, also let the vet know what type of wood she was chewing on. Certain types of trees and plants are poisonous to dogs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

One dark red bump in cheek of mouth [ 29 Answers ]

This mourning I woke up with a pretty big, dark red colored bump inside my mouth on my cheek. I looks like a blood blister but isn't, its so dark it looks black. It looks to be perfectly round. I looked at pictures of hpv and they are all white and nothing like the color of the one in my mouth. ...

Sinus infection with a purple not on cheek.is that common [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal to have a swollen purple bump on your cheek from a sinus infection?

Tip for healthy recipe to lose cheek fat [ 1 Answers ]

I can't seem to lose fat on my face! And the food in my house isn't helping me very well. Can someone please give me a solution or give me tips on healthy recipe?:

Dark patch on cheek [ 1 Answers ]

I am 60 yr old post menopausal women with (skin type 1V) had a small 1cm tiny light dark patch over my left cheek(driving side),which got much bigger post application of " Tri-luma" prescribed by dermatologist with no proper instructions for absolute sun avoidance. Since than I have under gone...

Red bump on the inside of my cheek [ 4 Answers ]

I woke up with a red bump on the inside of my cheek, the next day I had grown another one on the other side. They are not painful, but they are soft like jelly feel to them. I'm scared and need help.

View more questions Search