Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Dec 19, 2007, 05:42 PM
    God is a energy based life form.
    From understanding of the bible. No known life form could have existed before the big bang, not as skin and bone anyway, God must be a energy based life form. Thoughts?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2007, 06:02 PM
    I think that humans cannot have accurate words to describe God/The Creator... except in such all inclusive terms like Omnipotent, Omniscient, etc.

I don't think it's possible to use human words to describe what sort of "life form" He is.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 06:06 PM
    This is mans problem, we try to see and assume God has to fit into some limit or form we can understand first, and that we want to make him fit into. Also others in trying to show there is no God wants to prove or show that things have to follow the laws of nature or some rules they have developed

Dec 19, 2007, 06:24 PM
    I just trying to blend science and religion, besides energy that is not confined by anything can go anywhere and do things the human can not comperhend.
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Dec 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Science tells us that there is a finite limit to the amount of matter and/or energy in the universe. Spirituality tells us that God's power is infinite. Therefore, science cannot be used as a means to describe God. Science is limited in that regard.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ammons
    I just trying to blend science and religion, besides energy that is not confined by anything can go anywhere and do things the human can not comperhend.
    I think your problem is your definition of energy. We are all energy based life forms.

Dec 20, 2007, 06:45 AM
    I meant pure energy. All life creates electrical synapies through bain activity. This is the soul. The law of conversion of matter states that matter can not be created or destroyed, the organic matter decays and changes forms. All life is star dust.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 07:28 AM
    I meant pure energy. all life creates electrical synapies through bain activity. this is the soul. The law of conversion of matter states that matter can not be created or destroyed, the organic matter decays and changes forms. All life is star dust.
    Matter can be both created and destroyed. Ever heard of ? Vacuum fluctuations? All life is energy. Everything is energy. Mass, put simply, is just a different form of energy.

Dec 20, 2007, 07:51 AM
    E=mc2 is energy equals mass times the speed of light 186,000 per second squared.

E=mc2
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:06 AM
    You'll never convince others of your religious beliefs when they are more interested in debunking your claim or supporting their own belief.

Might as well be one of those trees falling in the forests when no one is there to hear, there is no sound of any consequence to anyone.

Dec 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Capuchin that what I just said! Matter can turned to energy and vise vera. A good example is the atomic bomb. A small amount of mass turned in energy by detonating the bomb. The matter was not destroyed it just changed forms. I think your argument is proving my point.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Capuchin that what I just said! Matter can turned to energy and vise vera. a good example is the atomic bomb. a small amount of mass turned in energy by detonating the bomb. The matter was not destroyed it just changed forms. I think your argument is proving my point.
    But you still felt the need to edit your post after I challenged you? Nice way to have a discussion, editing to make it look like you were right all along.
    cassini Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2007, 08:45 AM
    According to hinduism, basic reason behind the whole universe, which filled in every where, inside& outside, was Parah Brahman(Brahm)- isn't a person, but a perfect condition- its inside form called sagun brahm, soul- also an experience is possible through meditation, as called it as SELF KNOWLEDGE- SHARED TRANSFORMATION Kundalini information and networking
    cassini Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Light

Dec 20, 2007, 09:18 AM
    I have no wish to argue, these are my beliefs. If you do not agree OK, fine. We all have our own beliefs. Capuchin you said can be destroyed after reading my post about how matter can not be destroyed I only edited my E=MC2 post and not my other.

I meant pure energy. all life creates electrical synapies through bain activity. this is the soul. The law of conversion of matter states that matter can not be created or destroyed, the organic matter decays and changes forms. All life is star dust.
    You said life is energy, yes you are right. Did you know that life is star elements? Energy from a supernova explosion turning into matter.
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 09:46 AM
    You said life is energy, yes you are right. did you know that life is star elements? energy from a supernova explosion turning into matter.
    Hmm, not a supernova. But yes all heavy elements come from stellar processes. I'm not sure what you mean by "star elements"?

A star is made of matter. Nothing gets "turned into matter" in a supernova.

Dec 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
    oops I meant energy and matter are released in the explosion. Energy= the star's energy. Matter= left over gas and dust. I must have the gamma ray burst emitted by a black hole, a star like a red or bigger that has collapsed.
    mstkay76 Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Dec 23, 2007, 08:52 PM
    The following has always been my thought on God and Science and it's how I equate the two in my brain so I can believe in God and Science at the same time...

I believe that God is the very essence of life... that which caused the "Big Bang", that which causes all the sub atomic particles to do what they do in order to evolve into what they have thus far and what they will continue to today and in the future ~ an undefined, uncontrollable, unlimited, infinite energy which is omnipresent and omnipotent.

Many many would disagree with this, however, it is the very argument I've used to win over Atheists, Agnostics and Christians alike for years now. This line of thought allows science and belief in God to exist in a more harmonious manner. Those that agree with this line of thought also agree that you can't sum up God in an equation - that would be ridiculous to even attempt or to claim as God is not something our human brains can fully understand no matter how hard we try.

Lucas, people like you and I will always be the minority in our beliefs but for those who are doubting due to science, this is a great argument that generally reels them in and allows them to come to know God.

Now if only they would read the Bible for themselves rather than allow the fallible man to ruin it for them.

;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Of course you are also assuming God is always in this realm of our reality, and not in perhaps another level of exsistence. What about a multi dimensional idea of reality
    mstkay76 Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Dec 23, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Would you really like me to address different levels in space and time? I already said He is omnipresent... This, to me, means He is on all levels in space and time at once.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

Received my W2c. Which form to fill - form 843 or 1040x? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was deducted social security and medicare taxes by my employer in the year 2006. Now, since I was under student Visa (F1) at the time of employment, I was not supposed to have been taxed the SS and medicare taxes. I have already informed my company, and they have sent me the corrected W2...

Painting Cabinets - Oil based or Water based? [ 1 Answers ]

Going to be painting my oak kitchen cabinets white. I heard that oil based paint would be best, but don't want to deal with the extra mess. Is there anything wrong with using a good acrylic enamel?

Real Life Based Film [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew the title to this film... Its about this poor married couple that live in a small town and the wife gives birth to about 5 or 6 babies at once but because they are sooo poor... they can't afford to look after them or anything and this rich couple see the babies...

View more questions Search