Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erikaerika Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Am I pregnant?
    So I have been on birth control since march and I'm having a scare because I am going to start my period in two days and I don't know if I am or not because I'm having this brown discharge coming out when I'm just walking around or going to the bathroom! I don't know what it is should I see a doctor or am I pregnant I don't know what to do please help! I never use a condom when I'm having sex because I'm with someone that's going to be here forever! I take my pill everyday! HELP I Don't KNOW What's WRONG!!
    sassybanshee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
    When I had a misscariage that's what happened to me but at first it was blood red then it got lighter then eventually it turned the brownish color then vanished. U need to get that checked girl for real.

Dec 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Well I don't know what it is I have had sex this month but I take my birth control pill I'm pretty sure! It looks like a mucus that's brown
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Erika,
    Brown discharge is blood and its VERY common. Its most likely an indicator that you are about to start your period. Wait a few days before you start to worry.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Also, Erika, I notice that you take your pill every day, but do you take it at the same time every day? This is very important. If you don't this could be causing the brown discharge.

Also, remember that there is no form of birth control that is 100% effective.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 19, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I can tell you that I've had this happen before a few days before my period like you. I just had my annual and am healthy. But, anything like that which worries you is a good reason to go to the ob-gyn. Remember that birth control isn't accurate 100% of the time. 2 of my friends got pregnant while taking the pill religiously. It's great that you found someone you want to be with forever, but let me ask you this. Do you want a kid with this guy right now? If not, please use a condom too. Even that isn't always 100%; they can always break, but it'll help lower the odds. If he won't wear one, write him off, girl, because he should respect your wishes about that. Wait and see if you get your period in the next week or so. The next time you see your ob-gyn, ask her about the discharge.

Dec 19, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Well I'm not having any simptoms of being pregnant and I start my period tomorrow and me and my boyfriend don't have sex all the time its more like three times a month and he never cums inside me just to be more careful and I missed a pill once but took two the next day but didn't have sex that whole week so that shouldn't matter but when I ended my pills and didn't take one the next day I started getting brown discharge! And its still going on but getting worse and getting more red buts its not spotting its more like when I'm sexual active when the brown discharge starts appearing so does that mean I'm pregnant!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 20, 2007, 11:34 AM
    but when I ended my pills and didn't take one the next day I started getting brown discharge! And its still going on but getting worse and getting more red buts its not spotting its more like when I'm sexual active when the brown discharge starts appearing so does that mean I'm pregnant!
    The brown turning into red is your period beginning. If you have discharge like this after sex, you should consider talking to your doctor.

None of what you're explaining indicates pregnancy.

Dec 20, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Brown discharge doesn't indicate that I'm pregnant right? Its not right after sex and my partner says it smells like period to and I'm supposed to start today!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant? I just got done ovulating on Sunday. Last night me and my husband was having sex and afterwards I started to cramp. Is this a sign that I could be pregnant? Help please... Also I am going in for my pap on Thursday would the doctor be able to tell by looking at my cervix if I am...

Could I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I've been sexually active for 2 years now and my periods have neva been on the correct date but always been in that calculated week however last month my boyfriend and I had sex and did use a condom however before we foold around and we didn't use a condom last month I got my period 6 days late and...

Am I Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey thanks for reading this I have a question... I don't know if Im pregnant... For the last week or so I have been nauseaous, Dizzy(very badly) and had cramping like Im going to get my period(which was due approx 3 days ago) And now Im spotting We have been actively trying and took a test approx...

View more questions Search