Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jciu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Goodman limit switch/pressure switch?
    Hi, I've got a goodman furnace (mod. # GHT070-3) it's about 5 years old. Recently, the heat will only kick on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's giving me 4 flashes: Open limit switch, then it kicks off. After that it gives me 3 flashes and turns back on (pressure switch).
    It seems the furnace only does this when it is colder and it has to work harder, because when it's only in the 40-50's or so I don't notice the furnace acting up like this.

I pulled the limit switch out and just physically inspected it, I didn't notice any breaks or anything (though I don't know what to look for).
    I looked at the back of the circuit board and didn't notice any burnt circuits.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Joey
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Check filters and air flow. The pressure switch issue has nothing to do with the limit. You may have 3 problems.
    mcmacguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Make sure your filter is clean first. You can't tell if the limit switch is bad by looking at it. A tech with a thermometer can tell if it is shutting off at the right temperature. But these switches are available on line for cheap, and are usually easy to replace. Simply turn off your furnace power, unplug the two power lines going to the switch, unscrew it and remove it. If replacing it doesn't help THEN call in a tech. Unless you'd rather have him install it and charge you $180 for the part that will cost you $20 online! BTW - AVOID famousparts.com for HVAC parts. I had better luck with an eBay seller called bluestang5 - he has all kinds of parts, and ships quick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace Pressure Switch [ 9 Answers ]

When my furnace tries to come on it blinks 3 times which tells me my pressure switch failed to close. I went and got another one and put on and it is still doing the same thing. When I jumper it out the furnace comes on and works normally. I checked the vent and it is free of debris. Is it...

What is a limit switch? [ 4 Answers ]

When I woke up this AM my heater was blowing cold air and the fan wouldn't turn off. All other gas appliances, etc. worked fine. The indicator light on my furnace shows an open limit switch, but I have no clue where to even look for this. A little help?

Goodman gas funace pressure switch problem [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 93% efficient furnace that short cycles the gas burners. It cycles the vent on, starts the igniter, fires the burners and kicks on the blower but the burners only stay on for a short time ( less than 30 seconds). The led on the circuit board gives me 3 flashes indicating " pressure...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

View more questions Search