Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandslam Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 06:11 AM
    Heat pump temp press?
    I have a 2.5 nordyne heat pump at 40 deg I read 58 psi on the suction and 165 psi on the disc with a liquid temp of 90 deg register temp 88 deg.charging chart calls for 51 psi suc 164 psi disc and a liquid temp of 160 deg. 2 yr old 13 seer first season for heating.
    Ac mode all is fine. Any help? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Air filter clean?

Is this in a house or mobile home?
    Mobile home duct is restricted and can cause that type of lower reading.
    Actually you are very close it might be best not to fool with it OR recover all the refrigerant and Vac down. Use a graduated cylinder or a scale and weigh in the correct amount to be perfect. Then leave it alone.
    kanrdc Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grandslam
    i have a 2.5 nordyne heat pump at 40 deg i read 58 psi on the suction and 165 psi on the disc with a liquid temp of 90 deg register temp 88 deg.charging chart calls for 51 psi suc 164 psi disc and a liquid temp of 160 deg. 2 yr old 13 seer first season for heating.
    ac mode all is fine. any help? thanks
    Check your filter. High suction line temps are usually caused by air restriction across the coil. Try taking the filter out for a couple of minutes and see what happens. You will be amazed. After you dorp temp you may drop pressure a bit on at least the high side. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No heat/erratic temp gauge [ 10 Answers ]

I own a '97 Chevy Monte Carlo. I'll try to make this as brief as I can. About two weeks ago I noticed that my warning light for high temp was lit. I was shocked because I had only been in the car 10 minutes. But then it started to go down. Then it was kind of floating up and down. Also, I...

20 yr old Lennox heat pump fan blows constantly in heat mode [ 5 Answers ]

20 year old Lennox heat pump - outside temps been 30's at night, 40's daytime UPDATE: I went outside and the unit is covered in frost on 3 sides! I've been reading on Google about frosted heat pump units and can't determine how to manually defrost it. Apparently, the auto defrost is not...

No heat when temp drops [ 2 Answers ]

20 year old gas forced hot air furnace pilotless located in utility room off master bedroom.works great until temp outside drops to 20 or below.can hear unit trying to fire through a series of clicks and clunks but no fire.after 5 attempts to ignite fan starts and runs continuously.I'm guessing the...

Running 2 heat systems depending on outside temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Train heat pump and a Lenox hot water heat in our home. The heat pump works well above 40 degrees but I keep having to manually switch back and forth from one to the other. Is there a way to do this automatically?

View more questions Search