Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonelyguy Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Serial Murder Obsession
    A guy I know seems to know every detail about every serial killer and strange murder case that has ever been written about. He fits what I consider to be the profile of a serial killer as well. He has problems with someone doing things that he considers offensive or abusive toward himself. On the phone, last time we spoke, he said that he thought it would be better for the world if someone just killed them. He then said that he knew he could do it if he had to saying that there would be no consequences if a body was never found.

He could actually be a serial killer or have the potential of killing someone for all I know. I do not know the person he is upset with, and have not heard him say that he was going to do anything. I know that people say stuff in anger that they would not act on.

What do you guys think? Is it just a way for him to feel that he has the ultimate power over others just thinking that he could do it, or will he someday act on it? Is he just trying to sound impressive?

I'm not the only one that has heard similar things from him. I know I plan to steer clear from him, even though I think everyone needs friends! Do any of you know people like this?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:15 PM
    I know one person who is like that. She is mostly just angry though. It sounds as if this guy has really thought it through. He may have already done something like that, and is telling you to get feedback.
    I'd stay far away from him. Doesn't sound like a person who would be a good friend anyway.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 11:27 PM
    I agree with the above, and would wonder if he already has done something. Either way, you don't don't want to be involved or have any liability for his actions.
    Skittles911 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2007, 12:26 AM
    I'd be scared to get him mad lol
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 02:38 AM
    Yeah... but I would feel that serial killers just wouldn't say things like that in fear of getting caught.. maybe he WANTS to get caught?

Seems to me like an angry guy who's just seeking some emotional stability.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Dec 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
    It seems he wants to 'impress' you. If he were a serial killer would he advertise the fact? I don't think so. The serial killers who have been caught did not talk about it. He does have a warped sense of his importance though, not healthy.
    Haydenroberts Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 04:34 AM
    Comment on ISneezeFunny's post
    I think they sometimes tell people they trust, Aileen Wuornos did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About obsession [ 2 Answers ]

Hi "ask me", One of my friends is suffering from a mental trauma. When he is alone,he starts getting the feeling of being contaminated.Till the last year, he was not so particular about his hygiene but during these days he is excessively concerned about that. I think that he still can be cured...

Painful Obsession [ 4 Answers ]

About four years ago I started having feelings for members of, well, the same sex. I had no intention of ever telling anyone of my thoughts until it developed into a big problem. In the beginning, it wasn't so bad, I was able to function normally and I didn't consider it to be that much...

Is it an obsession? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I weight 59 kg and I'm about 157 cm tall. Sometimes I really see me fat but sometimes I see me okey.is it my obsession?

View more questions Search