Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baileykc07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 11:59 PM
    Windows Logon Screen
    I used to have my logon screen so that the turn off computer button wasn't there. But I had to get it all reset and now the turn off computer button is there and I can't remember how I got it to go away before. Anyone know how?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Which operating system are you using? i.e. XP, Vista, Ubuntu...
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2007, 06:17 AM
    For XP

Do you have little ones that like to click all over the screen when you're not looking? Afraid of someone shutting down the computer without logging on? Then disable the Shut Down button on the Welcome screen.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Administrative Tools.

2. Double-click Local Security Policy.

3. Expand Security Settings, then expand Local Policies, and then click Security Options.

4. In the right pane, double-click the Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on policy, click the Disabled radio button, and then click OK.

No more shutting down without logging on!
    baileykc07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 09:46 PM
    Thanks sooo much! I do have XP so your instructions worked perfect!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WIN XP freezes at Safe Mode (on logon screen) [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Windows XP Pro Safe Mode problem. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 Desktop (nearly three months old). First let me say I religiously keep my antivirus up to date. I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware SE, Spy Sweeper, PestPatrol, Microsoft AntiSpyware and I use HijackThis. I...

Update: Safe Mode freezes at logon screen post [ 1 Answers ]

Hello once more, I have an update on my Safe Mode freezing problem (the original post is below). I was able finale able to boot into Safe Mode. Even though successful how it did it it still raises a question. I will explain below. If you read my original post at the top of this thread you...

HELP! Want to Logon using Welcome Screen! [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, the way I logon (Windows XP) to my own PC is using the Classic Command Prompt and I have been trying to switch to the Welcome Screen in which a user can simply click on his/her name rather than having to type out a user name and password. In order to attempt to switch to the Welcome...

Ctrl-alt-del secure logon screen [ 1 Answers ]

How to turn this feature on in win xp professional envirnoment? I tried the following procedure but it won't work for win xp. Please help. Control panel - users account - NO ADVANCED TAB to choose... Thank you.

View more questions Search