Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanny_2006 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Dec 11, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Why did he lie to me?
    Recently I broke up with my ex boyfriend and I called and told him that I wanted him back.
    He was saying the same thing too, that he wanted me back and that he wanted to be with me and that he missed me.
    We agreed that we would meet and talk things out. I told him that I would call him and tell him the place to meet.
    When that day came, I was in pizza hut with some friends and I called him and asked him where he was and he told me that he was still @ school, that I should call him back in 10 minutes. After calling him me and ma friends took our seats in the back corner of pizza hut and when I looked across the room to the far corner, there he was eating pizza and laughing with some of his buddies and two girls. Soon after he left with this girl in particular. I was so shocked that I just sat there downfounded and my friends had to console me. Why did he lie to me ? Is it because he didn't want me to know about the girl that he was with? Should I forgive? What should I do?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Why did you break up with him?

Why is getting back together a good idea now when it wasn't before? What has changed?

You dumped him. Meeting to talk things out doesn't mean he's yours again, and you have no reasonable gripe about his being with another girl... you dumped him.

That said, you do have reason to be upset that he lied to you about where he was, and yes, he probably lied to keep from explaining who he was with.

Until you are back with him, and talking about talking about it isn't the same thing, you have no right to be mad that he is with other friends... and you don't know anything about the relationship with the girl.

But he lied and you know it. Time to rethink the relationship a little? People who are willing to lie to cover up their "tracks" might have lied before or might easily lie again. He sure seemed to think it was OK this time.

So why did you break up and why are you getting back together? Missing the person isn't reason enough. You should be able to understand what wasn't working before and also understand how that isn't going to be a problem again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search