Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swedenor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Death and dept
    If I die and I have some credit card dept does the credit card co. take it from my bank account or stocks?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 09:52 AM
    The executor of your estate is responsible for paying off your debts after you die using your assets. So if you die with money in the bank, or stocks, or if you have a house or other assets, your executor will use those assets to pay off any outstanding debts, and then whatever is left over goes to your heirs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Dept [ 11 Answers ]

I have quite a bit of credit card dept. Was in a dept settlement program, for not even a month. Got scared of being sued so went with a dept consolidation program. Do these programs work? They told me I wouldn't be sued taking this route instead.

Credit card dept [ 1 Answers ]

I did not no I had ajudment against me and because I didn't they won by default I didn't know because I moved I found out because my account was frozzen.I just want to know if I still have a chance to ask the courts to validate this dept they claim I owe or because they won thers ajugdment against...

Death and credit card death. [ 3 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Outstanding dept of $85,000 [ 2 Answers ]

I have an outstanding dept of $85,000. I will be working in another country for a while is there anyway they can attack my bank account if it's in another country?

View more questions Search