Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissafaye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Military colors and grooms men
    Hey you. I'm planning a wedding in November of 08 and my fiancée is in the navy. We are going to have a military wedding but only with his uniform and I want the arch of swords but not the military vows or anything. Well I'm having trouble on the colors he is either going to wear his whites whitch are white with a black tie thing or his blues that are black. I really want him to wear his whites though. I don't have any clue what colors would be good. And also he is going to wear his uniform and 2 other of his grooms men but his brother is not in the military so will it look stupid if there is three in uniform and one not? He is in italy now and we wanted is friends to do the arch do we have to pay for them to come
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 8, 2007, 08:47 AM
    I am retired USAF and I am against the entire wedding party wearing white.

If you decide on the White uniform, it is a bit less formal, then you yourself should not be all out Formal.

There is no problem mixing military guys and a civilian guy since the civilian guy is not the same stature as the other two uniformed guys. Look at it as the Best man and the two sword holders, then you are good to go there. The two Navy guys can wear their whites, the civilian guy can wear a white tux of some sort and all the ladies can wear what ever color you come up with from below in the next paragraph.

What color is his stripes or is he an Officer? Red for lower ranks, Gold for Chief, maybe everyone can wear this color as a compliment. The two Navy guys should be good to go, I am thinking on their White uniform is Black stripes?? But you don't want black on any of the ladies. Maybe look at their ribbons and medals, do all three Navy guys have some of the same ribbons with a certain color on them, do not use the ribbon for war, red / yellow or gold, that's funny, it goes with everything I just said above, just pick a different ribbon anyway if they all have the same one for an accent color.

OK, I am done.

I also think that at least one Navy piece of music would be nice to start the reception, you can play anything before the time of the reception OFFICIAL start time. Don't forget the penny in your shoe.

How much do you know about the military and the Navy, not to stereotype, I was one myself and still am in our own way.
    melissafaye Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2007, 02:00 PM
    Do you think his dress blues would be better to wear? And I though it would not look good if they were all wearing whites. I don't know I want to see a picture but I can't fine any online. I know a lot of the navy but little about planning a dang wedding I mean its just the colors I'm havning trouble with and what the guys should wear. If I saw a picture somewhere then it would help me but I can't fine one anywhere. And his ribbons he has two black ones and the red and yellow one. So I don't know I'm just going to have to thin about the colors
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 8, 2007, 08:37 PM
    He should wear his blues, the Navy guys should wear their whites with the large thingie hanging off the back of the neck, the civilian guy can wear Black like the Groom. The Brides Maids (2) should accent something from the Navy guys (2) and the Brides Maid of Honor should accent the Best man. All the ladies should also accent each other so now the entire wedding party will accent each other.

Just thinking here, for your SOMETHING OLD, its something of his, an old Navy item that will also accent everyone else but it will be attached to the Garter and hidden until that final moment when it is revealed for the toss. I am thinking this is the only way to get the Bride in the color scheme tastefully.

Thinking again, the Best man can wear a tie or a vest that accents the Maid of Honors colors.

What color is the two guys stripes (rank insignia) on their White uniforms?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Different colors of red [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have redecorated my living room and my accent color is red there are so many different shades of reds that its hard to find everything to match could different shades of reds be used in one room? Please help thank you

Phone Line Colors [ 3 Answers ]

I Am Trying To Connect New Phone Jack. Old Wire Colors Are Red,blue,white With Red Stripe, And White With Green Stripe. Does Anyone Know Which Colors Go To The Corresponding Colors In New Jack?

Emo and colors [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there! I want to ask you guys, something about emo style... (I know there have been many similar conversations but I hope this one is different) I am trying to look like an emo (just look, not be suicidal and stuff :P), but I don't want to wear black all the time. Are other colors apart...

Prom colors [ 7 Answers ]

I'm mad black and no body is try to tell me what colors I should wear I hate purple and I just love white so please help me:)

Painting colors [ 1 Answers ]

If you have a white wall, which color paint is hardest to cover it with? Red, blue, tan or grey?

View more questions Search