Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Arm pain upper leg pain
    My question is I get arm pain and leg pain consitantly , a year ago I was rear ended I`ve had exrays mri`s and recent EMG my mri`s show l1 l2 turning dark l6/7 have buldging ,have something with my neck going on now too emg didn't show anything and constant lower back pain ,but I`m concerned because its getting worse , I`m on naopraxon any suggestions thank s kevin :confused:
    xar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 06:57 AM
    I hope you have help by now. I have the same issue. Your back is most likely what is causing this (by the sounds of this it sounds like your bulging disks are hitting a nerve thus causing the sensations down your back). But, again, talk with your doctor. They will most likely first start with physical therapy and an NSAID and muscle relaxer. These work well together. If these don't work they'll move up the latter to medicines like Neurontin, Cymbalta, Topamax, Trileptal, etc. -- any kind of medicines that actually inhibit nerves from "firing." Discuss your options, make sure to tell them your concerns (weight gain is a concern of many). A last resort is usually narcotics.

I would always consult a neurologist as this is their specialty in conjunction with your internal medicine doc and orthopaedist.

I hope you are getting some relief.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spastic upper gastric pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am have pain usually at night after I lay down to go to bed. This pain comes & goes & starts in the center of my stomach, (almost right under the breast) then radiates both left & right. It last for at least 5 minutes and no more than 10 minutes, but is so severe that I can barely get my...

What causes pain in upper right abdomen? [ 3 Answers ]

What causes pain in the upper right abdomen? I don't have the pain all the time, just sometimes. But when it hurts, it hurts bad. It is worsened when I do physical activity, but can start when just sitting. It also hurts more if I push on spot where hurts. Any help, please? Thanks!

Upper right chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I work out 4 times a week, but for the past few days I have been getting chest pain on my right side. Starts from the underarm all the way to the upper right chest. When I push my chest and underarm with my fingers it hurts. Breathing is not really a problem. I don't know what it is. Please advise...

Upper jaw pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would love it someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my jaw I have oh and I should say that I have upper dentures about a week ago my jaw started hurting where the upper jaw meats the bottom right arcoss from your ear and only when I bite down on something any help please:)

View more questions Search