Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mareex17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 06:53 AM
    I miss school a lot what shoul I do?
    I'm 17 and a junior and high school and I NEVER want to go to school. I don't know why I hate school. Like I really HATE it. I miss on average 15 days a year (freshman year 14 and sophomore yeah 17). I just always stay home because I don't feel like going and I'm overexhausted and I feel like I always just need a break. This year I'm already on day 9 of being absent and were not even half way through the year. I don't know what's wrong with me how can I get myself to want to go to school. And yeah I'm going to college I look forward to it A lot. (probably because ill be on my own) but for now what can I do to get myself through high school?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Realize if you exceed a certain number of days your parents can get a fine between 2 and 3 hundred dollars and Child protective services can make life hard on you and your parents.
    As far as feeling tired all the time try eating better and cut out junk foods, fast foods and prepared foods and avoid artificially sweetened foods. Don't use the microwave because that kills all vitamins, minerals and enzymes that you need to feel good.
    Also eat an apple or applesauce in the morning and take a good capsule form of vitamin B complex to give you a boost in the am. Eating a good breakfast helps boost your metabolism through the day.

Also if the subjects are boring to you look them up on the computer because sites can give you a deeper and more meaningful understanding and make it more challenging to where you want to learn more about it than your textbook might do.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Tell yourself if you don't get through HS you won't even make it to college. Do your parents know you are missing so many days?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mareex17
    And yeah im going to college i look forward to it ALOT.
    Where I go to college you can only miss 2 days a semester before being academically removed, thus you lost all your tuition money. Now, that is in the nursing program, however, in the prerequisites you can only miss 3 - 4 days a semester, yes that includes excused absences, before being booted out.

Also, consider this... when applying for college they are going to look at your attendance. Low attendance means lower chance of being accepted into college.
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 02:03 PM
    I hate to sound like a hormonal teenager. But go to school because there's hundreds of people of the opposite sex there. HEllo! Cute guys motivate me any day
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinacakes1991
    I hate to sound like a hormonal teenager. but go to school because there's hundreds of people of the opposite sex there. HEllo! cute guys motivate me any day
    Rhincakes
    HEllo!
    I have a feeling that if guys were motivation enough for her she would already have her problem solved!
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Just tryna help the girl out. What's the difference from school and living in the real word anyway? I mean people will always expect things from you and life will always have it' s boring times so why not just go?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Dec 5, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Just try to make school fun, I hated school until I realized I'd just sit home all day and do like nothng and eat nothing. Without school I was never move a muscle. Plus nothing is better than being with all your friends. The way I made school fun was to do sports and join clubs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old dog poops and pees a lot a lot a lot [ 4 Answers ]

I just rescued a very old dalmatian from my neighbors she has tumors all over Her body and she is very thin . I started her on good food. I feed her a cup in a half a day And water is always available. She poops so much 5 times a day? I keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there...

Is it possible to miss 2 semester a school and still graduate? [ 4 Answers ]

I attended a two year college and I took a semester off due to financial problems and it's possible I might need to take another semester off. I still looking for work and I'm not sure if my parents will pay for my tuition, thanks in advance.

What shoul I do if anything? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS over 5 years ago and given metformin as treatment. I have for the past 2 years had normal regular periods on time that last normally up to 7 days and are of normal flow. For the last 3 or 4 periods I have had my periods are normally a little late or too early, my...

Shoul I do it? Should I adopt? [ 10 Answers ]

:( I have wanted to adopt a child since last year, but I have some doubts, I would be a single parent. And I am worried that something might happen like in the movies, my child will find out and leave home. And I can't have a real baby because my doctors say that I have a stomach problem that...

I shoul do what I fell or what everybody thinks is correct? [ 33 Answers ]

I am in love with a married man... everything is special... he is that "something that u wait all your life"... and it was never about sex or having fun with a married man... and I think is the same thing with him... I know in a way that what I am doing is wrong but something is pushing me to...

View more questions Search