Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 08:00 PM
    2 deers
    In a contest over territory, two male deer confront each other with antlers lowered and engage in butting heads until one of the two gets tired and wanders off into the forest. This sort of behavior can most accurately be thought of as
    A)non-competitive
    B)predatory
    C)cooperative
    D)Selfish cooperation

I researched and researched for the answer but no-one seems to know. Please help :D
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinacakes1991
    In a contest over territory, two male deer confront each other with antlers lowered and engage in butting heads until one of the two gets tired and wanders off into the forest. This sort of behavior can most accurately be thought of as
    A)non-competitive
    B)predatory
    C)cooperative
    D)Selfish cooperation

I researched and researched for the answer but no-one seems to know. please help :D
    I don't know if there is actually a classification name, I'm not an expert, but I refer to this behavior characteristic as Dominant Male.

The extent to which these traits and mannerisms traverse species and time, I find it difficult to believe no one else knows.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 08:27 PM
    If you are limiting your answer options to this short list, you're missing not just the answer to the question, but you're also missing what is actually happening.
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 12:30 PM
    The answer is cooperative

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Male Deers [ 1 Answers ]

In a contest over territory, two male deer confront each other with lowered antlers lowered and engage in butting heads until one of the two gets tired and wanders off into the forest. What kind of behavior is this?

View more questions Search