Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djordan25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 07:28 PM
    My husband wants to adopt my 4 children.
    I have 4 children by men who haven't played any type of role in my kids life, I want to have them sign over their rights and I would like to know how do or where do I start.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Please take some tine to read the instructions on posting. The Introductions forum is clearly marked as NOT for questions. That's why I moved your post to the Family Law forum.

You start by asking them if they are willing, It would be better to get an attorney to prepare all the paperwork for you.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 06:38 AM
    You need to contact the bio fathers and see if they are willing to relinquish their parental rights to allow your husband to adopt... if so, great... then you can move forward. If not, there is not much you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have the Right, and How long will it take to adopt my sister's 3 children [ 3 Answers ]

My sister passed away in May of this year and I was wondering how long it would take to adopt them, or even if I had the right to adopt them. 2 were results of rape, while the oldest's father isn't in the picture, and by all appearances doesn't want to be either.

My husband want to adopt my children [ 2 Answers ]

I have three children. The first one is from my first husband and my youngest son is from a relationship. My first husband does not pay support nor does he bother or want to part of my daughters lives. They are ages 15 and 17. My husband of two years wants nothing more to take sole responsibility...

My husband wants to adopt my 3 yr old [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for 1 yr and he wants to adopt my son. When I was 15 I got pregnant by a 24 yr old. He had previously got in trouble for having communication with a minor for immoral purposes. When he convinced me to run away and come live with him. When my parents found out...

Can my husband adopt [ 1 Answers ]

I have an eight year old he has never met his dad. I have given him the opportunity to meet his son and he will not. He is paying child support, but does not want to meet my son. If I can get him to sign over his rights (which I know he will) Could my husband adopt him?

View more questions Search