Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcarmosino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
    York Stellar Furnace Heating up Furnace Room to 110 Degress?
    I have a York Stellar Furnace in my newly purchased house. Furnace is 15 years old. Furnace is releasing hot air from front grills and heats up furnace room to 110 Degrees. I had a Bryant Furnace in another house and this never happened. All plenams and ducts are taped and sealed so the heat is coming directly from the furnace. Is this normal? If not, what could be causing this and is it reparable or should I just replace furnace?

Thanks

Bob C.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Sounds like you have a possible blocked flue if the heat is coming from the grills right in front of and attached to the furnace. This could be a big problem. I would not operate the furnace until it can be looked at by a professional. CO poisoning can kill you. Please turn your furnace off and have it checked. I am sure you can get by with a electric space heater for the rest of the weekend or if you cannot pay the extra for weekend service and have it looked at.
    dragoncutlery Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2010, 09:09 PM
    All Pentiums and ducts are sealed? Have you tried turning down the thermostat its not getting a signal to shut down since its not in the furnace room and your not letting the hot air out of the ducts for the rest of the house to get heat it has to go some were

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York Stellar furnace blower problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 19 year old York Stellar furnace. Model P1UCD12N04601B 57,000 btu's. This unit was salvaged from a military housing complex that closed in 1990. The unit shows very little wear. All the parts look new. The unit sat no operational for nearly 16 years. I removed the unit from the house...

York Electric Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

My York Electric furnace will not stay on. It runs for about 5 minutes then Shuts off. We do have heat, just temporarily.

York furnace not responding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I apologize in advance for the long post. I have a 10 year old York gas furnace (Model P1CK; Upflow; 32-112 MBH Output) that's been functioning in a peculiar way. The outside temp in this area has been about 65-70 daytime high and 35-45 at night. I have the thermostat set for 66 degrees...

York Furnace stops heating during the day? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my story I have a York furnace and a Honeywell thermostat. I've run into a situation where either I don't know how to use a thermostat( its electronic) or something is wrong with my furnace. Previously, I would set my temperature on the thermostat and keep it on Auto. From there, the...

York furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Furnace works fine then turns off when house warms up to temp. will not come back on until I turn furnace off and on . Code flashes one time saying system lock out. What should I do ? Thanks mario

View more questions Search