Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camilo Posts: 14, Reputation: -2

Nov 30, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Grand Oak Tree,Florida
    I hire a construction company to build a concrete wall around the rear of my home. This construction people damage an grand oak tree and the city came and said that the tree was severely damage and it had to be removed. I applied for a permit to removed the tree and replaced it with approximately six 4" round and twelve feet tall oak trees. This is the way this issues are handle in the STATE OF FLORIDA. Now the city inspector wants me to pay the city $1,7000 before he will issued a permit. I have waited two moths now and they have not done anything to have this problem solve. The same thing happened to a neighbor and they only had to replaced the tree with sixteen small tress. They already had cut the tree down my only has some damage. Can someone give me some advice.:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Pay the money and plant the trees, and make sure the construction company is paying for all of it, they should have insurance to cover this sort of thing
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    pay the money and plant the trees, and make sure the construction company is paying for all of it, they should have insurance to cover this sort of thing

Trees also enhance the value of your property and if the loss of the tree diminishes value you can sue for that loss - of course, you would need a Licensed Arborist to do the estimate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

95 grand am hesitation [ 2 Answers ]

While idleing it runs rough it hesitates at take off and when excellerating on highway or just driving. It gets worse if you are running the air conditioner.

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

2003 Grand Am [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Grand Am and my horn doesn't work. I've checked the manual and it doesn't provide much guidance. I've also checked both fuse panels and all the fuses are fine. Does anyone else know what the check. Thanks

Grand Children [ 8 Answers ]

My 10 year old grand-daughter just told me that her dad hits her hard at times and I'm not sure what to do.I believe her,I just am having a hard time imaging this.He is a good person,no drugs or drinking.Coach of all 3 childrens: soccer teams.Gives them way too much things. Why does he think it's...

View more questions Search