Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donbunker900 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Furnace fan won't run on "auto"
    I have an 18 yr old lennox gas furnace that has worked fine until this winter. If I set the thermostat to heat, the fan to auto, and set the dail up over the room temp, the gas burner lights for about 2-3 minutes... then turns off. If I flip the fan from "auto" to "on", it will fire up and heat until it reaches set temp. During this heat-up, if I flip the fan to "auto"... the fan goes off but the burners stay on... I took the honeywell bi-metallic switch out and cleaned it... still no go. I have a feeling the problem may be in this limit switch... but am guessing. Can one clean the electrical contacts in these switches? Thanks in advance for any input! Don bunker
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Your fan control switch is defective. Sometimes this is called a combination fan and limit control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Lennox furnace blower doesn't come on when on "auto" [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Lennox furnace model G23Q3/4-100-2. When the thermostat calls for heat, the igniter will light the pilot, the gas will come on and light, but the blower does not come on and the furnace will shut off after a few minutes (overheats because of no blower). I can turn the thermostat to on...

Should I have the fan switch turned to "ON" or "AUTO"? [ 6 Answers ]

Should I have the fan switch turned to "ON" or "AUTO"?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search