Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medic205 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Shut down after light up?
    I have a Lennox propane furnace. Seems that every year I go through some type of problem with it. Usually it is a matter of taking the pilot light assembly apart and cleaning the orifice cap from the residue of the corrosion. Everything goes to working fine and we are warm the rest of the winter. I find this morning that cleaning this made no difference.

The unit pilot has good flame and stays lit. Thermocoupler has good impengment of flame and seems to work fine. Burners come on and pilot become so weak that the flame no longer touches thermocoupler and in 30 sec. burner and pilot go out. Any thoughts it's getting quite cold in here! Thanks!
    kanrdc Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by medic205
    I have a Lennox propane furnace. Seems that every year I go through some type of problem with it. Usually it is a matter of taking the pilot light assembly apart and cleaning the orifice cap from the residue of the corrosion. Everything goes to working fine and we are warm the rest of the winter. I find this morning that cleaning this made no difference.

The unit pilot has good flame and stays lit. Thermocoupler has good impengment of flame and seems to work fine. Burners come on and pilot become so weak that the flame no longer touches thermocoupler and in 30 sec. burner and pilot go out. Any thoughts it's getting quite cold in here! Thanks!
    Try taking the pilot tube off the gas valve and blowing through it. You may have gotten some debris in the pilot tube causing obstruction. Question: is there a regulator on you lp tank? If so was it messed with or is the diaphragm by the regulator obstructed or frozen over? Check all of these it may help.
    medic205 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I think I narrowed it down to the Propane Regulator being "frosted off". It eventually became an issue with the stove that morning. I just happened to lift the lid on the propnae tank and left it off. The morning sun thawed the regulator and miraculously everything came back to life! It is quite baffling if you have never experienced it before.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas shut off for work - forgot to re-light w/h [ 2 Answers ]

My helpers today had to shut off the gas and later forgot to re-light my water heater pilot light. It's too late to call, so is it okay to leave the water heater switch to the on position until they come tomorrow to light it?

Oven light won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

We replaced the computer for our Whirlpool range. It had been beeping & giving an error code & the oven light would flash when it beeped. After replacing the computer, the light in the oven stays on & won't shut off now. Sometimes when we bumped or pushed the door closed it would shut off for a...

Kenmore Oven Light won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

The Oven bulb in our 2001 flat top Kenmore Range burnt out and when I put a new appliance bulb in, it will not shut off. Anyone ever had a similar problem?:confused:

Changed from fan to light fixture and now light will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Today I tried to replace a ceiling fan to a light fixture. I connected the black to black white to white and copper to ground. I have a red wire that I don't know what goes to. The light now will not turn off. Should the red wire be connected to something?

Changed fixture, light won't shut off now!? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There Today I tried to change the fixture in my living room as well as the switch and now I am having problems. Previously, the switch was a dimmer switch, which I removed and changed to a standard on/off switch, connecting the black and white wires (1 each) to the 2 connectors on the switch....

View more questions Search