Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 07:54 AM
    2000 Dodge Dakota Overdrive
    This morning my 2000 dakota (2wd, 4.9L) suddenly jerked as I was traveling down the highway @ 50mph. It happened once more about 10 seconds later. Thinking I had a slug of bad fuel, I ran it up to 75 quickly, hen backed off. As I decelerated to 55, it jerked once more and the yellow "check engine" symbol came on. Then I realized I was running 2300 rpm instead of the 1800 it usually runs at 55mph. I turned the overdrive off, then back on, but it made no difference. Overdrive was not working, but everything else was working fine, and it never jerked again all the way to work (20 more miles), but never went into overdrive. I have an appointment with my friendly Dodge dealer next Monday. Any ideas?

Thanks! :confused:
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Yup, you lost the transmission. Bet you got about 70K on it?

Nov 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Nope, actually have 133k on it. Serviced the tranny at 95k. Never shifted hard or given me any problems until this morning.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Check for codes.

Nov 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Code is P0715

Nov 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
    P0715 I believe is a speed sensor. My son has a Mac Tools $75 scanner, and it showed it in what he called "freeze frame". I'm not certain where this speed sensor would be located. I'd like to try and change it myself before paying my Dodge dealer.

<>< Acts 2:38

Dec 1, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Input speed sensor was replaced, took me and my son 15 minutes... maybe. Truck works like a champ. Sensor was $31

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 01 ram sport and when I drive if it stays betweengears it revs up and down. Like its sgoin in and out of overdrive. I brought it to aamco and they ran the diagnostics on it. The guy told me that it was showing that the soleniod isn't working properley. I would like to know if the...

Dodge Ram Overdrive Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

The lock-out indicator light in my 94' Dodge Cummins Diesel 2500 Ram pickup stays on and the transmission will not shift into overdrive. I have tried disconnecting the speed indicator and checked and cleaned all the electrical contacts. If I disconnect the lockout switch it still won't shift into...

Wiring diagram 2000 dodge dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I need wiring digram for a 2000 dodge dakota v6 3.9L

2000 Dodge Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota . The High beam lights work as well as the indicator also the daytime running/ fog lights work but I have no LOW BEAM lights. Anyone have an idea about the wiring diagram or relays. Thanks... Rick...

01 dodge ram overdrive problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2001 dodge ram, my problem is that my engine light came on and stayed on a week ago, now for no reason my truck shifts in and out of overdrive, can anybody help, we need our truck we are a motocross family.

View more questions Search