Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelly1975 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 07:31 AM
    Trying to move to Texas
    I am a single mother of 2 daughters. One is my ex husbands, she is now 2 yrs old. I would really love to move to Texas with them. We will be able to start over with our lives and I will have a wonderful job with benefits which I currently do notr have now..
    I am a little scared he will try to dispute this matter, when I am trying to better our lives for the girls and I. What can I do to make this move happen?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Hello shelly:

If your ex is involved in his daughters life, starting over may not be the best thing for her. A daughter needs her father and if he's there for her, that's a very, very good thing.

That was a father talking.

Now I've put on my legal beagle hat. If he protests, I doubt a court will let you move.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Texas law require 30 or 60 days notice to move out [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter signed a one year lease due to expire on June 10th. She is moving to another state and gave notice on May 9th, which is 30 days. She was told that her contract said 60 days notice is required, so she would need to pay another 2 month's rent (approximately 1200.00). She has fulfilled...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Want to know what the song is called from the Texas video that starred Alan Rickman . Texas band with Sharlene Spiterri as lead.

View more questions Search