Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krgates Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Gas furnace burners won't ignite
    17 year old gas furnace... burners won't ignite. What are the logical troubleshooting steps to solve this problem?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Are you sure that the furnace is getting electricity?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Make and model number?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 09:35 PM
    The answer you may need is at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Now, that is true! That is an awesome thread! Thank you for pointing that out, labman! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Main burners on furnace do no ignite [ 8 Answers ]

I have a bryant furnace, model 398. The main burners do not light after the pilot light ignites. I have cleaned the blower motor and everything else I can. Everything looks and sounds good, but the main burners are not getting any gas to them and lighting. Its getting cold in here and need some...

Gas furnace burner won't ignite [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old Friedrich gas furnace model GHA075NDC that the burner will not ignite. The pilot is lit and I can turn the fan on, but the burner will not ignite. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Comfortmaker gas furnace will not ignite. [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace was working yesterday and we did not turn it off, but it will not function today. I know there is electrical power at the unit; that there is gas supply; the filter is new; the inducer motor comes on when the thermostat is adjusted;but no flame appears. The inducer motor will remain...

Gas furnace won't ignite sometimes [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 yr old carrier weathermaker gas forced air furnace model 58sxa080 the furnace works fine most of the time although every so often usually in the mourning and sometimes during the day ( after the thermostat sets itself back to 65 overnight) when the thermostat calls for the...

Burners won't ignite--no gas? [ 1 Answers ]

Lennox model GMP075-3. Installed in '95. I've tried resetting according to instructions on access cover panel (turn heat to 'off', turn off power to furnace, turn gas valve to 'off' for 5 minutes, etc.) When I call for heat, small (induction?) fan runs for a few seconds, the igniter unit glows...

View more questions Search