Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rescuer6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Noise water pipes
    Before it turned cold the noise only happened when the toilet STOPPED
    Now the noise is when I shut off a spigot, NOT as bad as the toilet HAMMERING but still there
    I tried turnng on the floor frnace to heat under the house & pipes
    I think somewhere AIR is in the pipes
    Once when the city changed the meter they forgot to tell everyone to let the water run & run & run
    I have tried running the water through the pipes HOWEVER we are short of water and there is a ban on using it
    SO... WHAT DO I DO
    I am in a 55 year old house and I am scared eveytime I hear the noise
    I ONLY FLUSH THE TOILET ONCE EACH DAY since there is no one here most of the time

PLEASE HELP
    rescuer6
    11-24-07
    [email protected]
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 10:22 PM
    Turn the stops [valves under toilet] off on all toilets. Does it still happen? If so, check for pressure to high. If the fill valve flutters in the toilet change to a fluidmaster 400a.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Humming noise in water pipes [ 6 Answers ]

Whenever we run water in the house there is a humming sound about 30 seconds after water is turned off. It sounds like a water pump running, but we have city water. Seems to only happen in summer not when weather cools down. How much trouble am I in? Thanks! Hinsdale

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Noise in pipes and refrigerator noise with water chugging out of drink mechanism [ 4 Answers ]

Originally, we heard a noise from the refrigerator once in a while, changed the filter which lessened the noise. Now we hear a chugging in the pipes in our bedroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling and in both bath rooms. It occurs occasionally. One night we shut off the hot water heater and it was...

Surging noise in water pipes [ 3 Answers ]

When ever we turn on the water (i.e. kitchen sink, faucets) or flush a toilet there is a surging sound. Doesn't seem to do this when the washer is running thought. We live in a 1 year old house and are worried about our pipes. Seems to have gotten worse. The loudest is the mater toilet on the...

Constant 'rushing water' noise in pipes! [ 2 Answers ]

Help! Over the last month, we have had a constant rushing water noise in our pipes, both upstairs in the toilet and downstairs at the kitchen sink (both appliances on the mains). We thought the water board had changed their pressures but they haven't. We noticed that out neightbours drive way...

View more questions Search