Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kick277Jen Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Nov 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Meaning of Macbeth Quote
    In Scene 2, Macbeth describes his surroundings by saying. "Light thickens, and the crow/ Makes wing to th' rooky wood." How can these remarks also be seen as a metaphorical commentary on the events of the play?
    Kick277Jen Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Nov 25, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kick277Jen
    In Scene 2, Macbeth describes his surroundings by saying. "Light thickens, and the crow/ Makes wing to th' rooky wood." How can these remarks also be seen as a metaphorical commentary on the events of the play?
    I have another question. In Act I, Lady Macbeth, not wanting to feel regret for killing Duncan, calls upon the spirits to “make thick” her blood and to “Stop up thwacks and passage to remorse”. She also requests that the “thick night” cover her “in the dunnest smoke of hell” so that no one is able to see the murderous deed she plans to commit.

Did Macbeth ever make a similar request?(like one to help him follow through a murder... or for him not to feel regret)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quote Meaning? [ 4 Answers ]

What does this quote mean by Abraham Lincoln? " Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"

Anyone know this quote? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a quote the other day that I liked and now I forgot it and where I heard it. It goes something like this There's the truth... (something like opinions or lies), and (something to do with opinion census being worse than lies?) I'm sorry but I have very little info on it. There's 3...

What do you think causes Macbeth to kill Duncan? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm doing an essay on it and my teacher says that my essay is two dimensional and lacks insight.

Looking for a quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a quote that says the same thing as, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Thanks.

View more questions Search