Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steelerfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Basement Bathroom Insulation
    I am a little confused... I am renovating my basement that has cinderblock walls and am adding a bathroom with shower. I have 2x4 framing up, but only 1 wall of the bathroom is on an exterior wall. I have drilocked all cinderblock walls and used R-19 insulation, but did not put any sort of plastic against the cinderblock before framing... After Insulating the Non exterior walls with R13, do I need to put up a plastic vapor barrier before I Hang Sheet rock & Backerboard for tiling? And which side should the insulation face? Toward the shower? Thanks
    TerryB Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Nov 21, 2007, 09:13 PM
    Yes you do need to put up vapor barrier. See the following:
    Keeping the Heat In
    And
    http://www.buildingscience.com/docum..._download/file

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom in Basement [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a new home and the Basement has a place for the toilet and one drain pipe coming out of the concrete. There is also a vent pipe in the wall. My question is- How can I use the existing drain pipe to add both a shower and a sink? Do I need to bust the concrete and add another drain? ...

Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?

Basement insulation [ 3 Answers ]

Should I insulate my basement before drywall or not. How much difference does it really make.

Basement finishing and insulation [ 3 Answers ]

What is better for framing out a basement, wood or steel 2x4's. Also when insulating what vapor barrier is better none, kraft paper, foil or batts wrapped in plastic or a sheet of plastic before the wallboard is put up?

View more questions Search