Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Winter dance
    OK guys, I'm on the decorating comitee for the dance at school, winter wonderland themed. I need some ideas to make it an amazing dance, because some really special guests will be there. We have a pretty low budget, because it is for the JROTC program and we are not funded by the school. Any suggestions would be great.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 20, 2007, 08:39 AM
    How about going to local businesses and seeing if they'll donate or lend decorating materials in exchange for a free ad in your dance program/flyer, with a credit line like: "Decorations donated by ..."

If you have a local business that sells artificial christmas trees, you might see if that business would lend you the trees for the night.

Vasily
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2007, 08:45 AM
    We actually don't have a dance flyer... its kind of a vip big deal type thing, ROTC students and theirr dates only. No flyers, no tickets excapt the uniform.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 08:46 AM
    To add to the above posters response which is a great idea. Have a teacher sign off that your group is allowed to ask for donations and what will be done with them. Usually stores etc.. Like to have proof. My kids had one and their snacks/drinks were provided by the grocery store from the city we live in.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keatts16
    we actually dont have a dance flyer... its kinda a vip big deal type thing, ROTC students and theirr dates only. no flyers, no tickets excapt the uniform.
    A couple of further thoughts: if you ask local businesses for help as we suggest, you're certain sooner or later to run into someone who has a soft spot in his/her heart for ROTC because he/she was in ROTC or has a family member in the military. You could offer to send them a thank you letter with pictures that they could use for publicity (some businesses like to post these things on a bulletin board).

Yeah, some will say no... but if you keep at it, I think you'll find some businesses who will be glad to be of help. It can be kind of intimidating approaching strangers in this way, but trust me, it's a good skill to learn and it will get easier as you go along. If you are allowed to wear your uniform in public, you might ask your teacher/mentor/CO/whatever he's called in JROTC whether he thinks that might be a good idea when you go to visit local businesses.

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

Winter cravings [ 2 Answers ]

Well since my post for your fave chili recipe was a flop and I am hungry for some good recipe that I tend to eat more in the winter Does anybody have a favorite recipe for chicken soup, beef & vegetable soup, casseroles, pumpkin bread, stews or pot roasts?

Can I use them.heat all winter? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a gas backup heat on our heat pump.Our outdoor unit probably needs replaced but I was going to put it off until the first of the year if possible.Is it safe to run my heat pump in emergency heat for an extended period.

Rabbits In Winter [ 1 Answers ]

My rabbit has been in the shed since November I was wondering when I should bring him back outside in the garden. :) :) :) :)

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search