Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Concerned what is this?
    Hello am 20 years old and for the past 4 months I have been getting a lot of bleeding from the back passage I don't even have to pass emotions for my back passage to bleed.Now 2 months ago I found a lump just outside my anus that is very itchy but doesn't hurt until I need to go to the loo.I have always suffered with very bad constipation since I was a child so I thought maybe I had piles however when I bought pile cream and went to puit it on I saw what looked like extra skin hanging down however in the past month it has increased in size almost covering the whole of my anal opening.I am very concerned about this so I went to the doctors and explaind but my doctor didn't examine me he just said it was fine however I am quite concerned as it is getting bigger and I am losing blood and it itches like crazy does anyone have any ideas what this could be it isn't piles.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
    I don't know if piles and hemroids are the same thing. But it sounds like hemroids to me. Especially since you stated you have suffered from consitipation.
    It might be time to go to a doctor. I know it will be embarrassing - you could always continue with the cream.
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat
    I don't know if piles and hemroids are the same thing. But it sounds like hemroids to me. Especially since you stated you have suffered from consitipation.
    It might be time to go to a doctor. I know it will be embarrassing - you could always continue with the cream.

They are the same thing I looked it up I didn't use the cream bought it but didn't use it because I didn't want to irritate whatever it is and I went to the doctor but he didn't examine me he said it was fine
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
    I would use the cream. It may take several days to tell a difference. It should take care of the itching and possible reduce the size.
    They also sell soothing clothes, I guess for between cream applications.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 04:30 PM
    It does indeed sound as though you have hemorrhoids/piles (piles is actually a very old fashioned word).

If you suffer from constipation, this may be why. You should treat your constipation as well as the hemorrhoids. To treat constipation you need to increase liquids as well as fiber in your diet.

For the hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid cream and/or tucks pads work well.

If you have been suffering this long you need to seek treatment. Find another doctor who will treat you. It doesn't happen often, but they may need to be surgically removed.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 04:38 PM
    When I had my last child... I had 1 really bad. I tried over counter creams and tucks to no avail. The doctor had to prescribed me a cream with H.C. in it.. he also wanted to split it open and relieve the pressure... I threatened his face with my foot. Maybe j9 can tell you the name of it.. it has been 14 years since I had them. Listen to j9 about the fiber and water.
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    cream with H.C. in it..
    Do you mean hydrocortisone? That's some good stuff!
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 04:44 PM
    j9 yes it was great stuff... honestly I could barely walk... he said it was thrombisis and that med... gave me relief overnight.
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Hydrocortisone is some good stuff. It has a steroid in it (cortisone) that gets rid of inflammation. It is used in MANY different medications.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Back then they did not sell it otc... They do now?. I have bought Hydrocortisone cream... but I don't think it is the same thing Or is it.
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Depends on the dosage. You can buy some OTC, but the good stuff is still by prescription since it is a steroid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be concerned [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and haven't felt the baby move. This is my third child so I know the feeling. My OB ask me if I have felt it move because I should have by now being that this isn't my first. I think I felt it a few times but not 100%. Should I be worried or could something be wrong?

Should I be concerned [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a very light period w/ brown blood and spotting w/ mild cramps. I'm also bloated, exhausted and haven't been able to sleep well. The spotting started 3 days ago and this moring I was nauseous and constipated. Should I be concerned?:confused:

Should I be concerned? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 2 months has just recently started talking about his past girlfriends. About what they would do if they were in certain cituations and all. Does he want them back? Or does he just miss them?

Very concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3year old boy, who complained to me that he's penis was sore. I looked at it and it was swollen real bad, he had no trouble urinating or anything like that, it's the top end that was swollen, anyway I took him to the doctor and he said it was inside the penis and that he might have...

Concerned... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently swtiched from Yasmin birth control to Orthotrycycline. I've been taking them as directed by my dr. I just got switched to a new insurance company and had just now gotton the ability to get the prescriptions filled. So I have not had a pill since Sept. 8th (Weds.) My dr. told me to...

View more questions Search