Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olgalovejones Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
    17 and pregnant
    Hi my 17 year old daughter is pregnant what do I do as a mother I'm not mad at her things happen I would never kick her out I will always support her but my thing is I always thought I was close with her and we talked about everything we have been though a lot of stuff together and we have always been very open and what do I do to get her ready for this and am I still in charge of her and her medical do I have to go to the doctor with her or does that all go out the window now what programs are out there for her I don't have much money I live in chicago ill does anyone out there know were I can turn to to help me
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Even though it may seem like she isn't as close to you as you thought you were it seems like you probably are closer than many mothers and daughters.
    Hopefully she will not make this a habit like many girls do but right now she probably doesn't need lectures but a heart to heart discussion.
    Your concern for her rather than wanting to kill her or kick her out shows you are supportive. Keep offering your support. Offer to go to her appointments with her. As close as I am to my daughter I would go with her to her appointments but her step mother keeps nagging my daughter to let her in the delivery room when she delivers. I told my daughter that I felt that is pushing it and I wouldn't even go that far. Although I do plan to be in the hospital. I told her that I felt her step mom should have offered and made her wish be known and then let it go. In other words don't push too much to where she feels obligated to have you there constantly. She most likely will want you there most of the times but some maybe she will feel more comfortable with the father going if she is still with him.
    You should be able to apply for medicare and WIC for her through the welfare dept.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 08:23 PM
    No, it is all still the same, you take her to the doctor, get her check ups,
    You can allow her just to go, but most likely she needs you more now more than ever. AS for as money there should be health clinics that have check ups and pre care for her.
    onfire4God Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2007, 08:31 PM
    1st Don't think that your daughter isn't close to you she still is.It's just that we sometimes feel that moms don't understand us.Please don't allow blame to come to yourself or her.Babies are gifts from God and they are little blessings!! You need to check in the county you live in to see if they offer parenting classes for the both of you.She will need them and you will learn how she feels and where you still stand.No these aren't for bad parents like I thought at first.The classes are very helpful and you find out you're not the only one that feels like you.They will also help you when you become a grandmother.May God bless you all and keep his hand upon the baby.
    whoknowswhattodo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Take her to a doctor that you really love. Ask the doctor for referrals. So glad she has someone in her life who cares. A lot of mothering will come naturally (I think) as she has surely seen you being a good mom.
    Are you in a church where people love you? If not, find one right away. Find a place where others can embrace you, and lift you up when you need it. May God bless.
    emmyhinrichs Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 19, 2007, 07:48 PM
    I am 26 and had my first child at 19.5 It was the scariest time in my life and I totally respect my parents for standing behind me with the choice I made to keep my son.

Yes things happen and don't blame yourself for not putting her on some birth control or better
    Communication about what could've happened she probably started learning about sex when she was 12 or so. The world and the kids in it are changing. The best advice would be state medical help unless you make a lot of money they should help; Or go with her to planned parenthood they should have one in your location. WIC is a form of foods program for pregnant mothers also. The support you show now will be much appreciated in the long run. Stay strong for her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Is my girlfriend pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I had sex last month I used a condom but now she is a week late and I don't know if she is pregnant or not because the same thing happened last year, we didn't have sex and she was a week late? I am wondering if anyone can help me?

Could I be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I got my period on April 1st and it lasted until I believe April 8th. Then on April 13th I had unprocted sex. It is now May 14 and I still have not gotten my period yet. For the past three days though, I have been seeing spots of brown blood in my panties and now today there was so much brown blood...

View more questions Search