Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilsok Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Location to plug in the code reader on a 1991 Ford Explorer
    Hi I purchased a code reader for my 1991 Ford Explorer XLT and I can't seem to find the plug in to do the test. Can someone give me a detailed description and/or a diagram that will show me where it is. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Most scanners and code readers only work on 1996 or later vehicles. Prior to 1996, Service Check Connectors, located under the dash, had to be jumped with a paper clip and Check Engine Light flashes counted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Ford Explorer,Starter Location [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace the starter on my 93 Ford Explorer. Can you tell me where the starter is located?

1991 ford explorer 4x4 4.0 v6 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 ford explorer 4.0 that for some reason is getting spark to the 3 plugs and cylenders on the drivres side, yet on the passenger side it has compression and spark but when the plugs are pulled, the engine stays the same. It is running on 3 cylenders and I can't figure out why. Can you...

Where do I plug in diagnostic computer on 1991 civic [ 2 Answers ]

I am having problems with my 1991 Civic. I have replaced the fuel filter, the fuel pump, the main relay, the throttle positioning sensor, caps, rotors, you name it, it has been replaced. It all started with taking it in for a new timing belt and water pump at about 155,000 miles (I bought the car...

View more questions Search