Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayyoss Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Pain while going to the bathroom
    Ok so for about a week I have been constantly going to the bathroom like A LOT at least 3 time every 2 hours, each time it hurts really bad, I don't know what's wrong with me, could it be a uti? I've been drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice because I thought it was a uti but it just won't go away. And my parents won't take me to the doctor to get it checked out. They don't think its anything serious. And I don't drive so I can't drive to the health center. Any suggestions on what it could be or how to make it stop?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Could be a PID and it could be a UTI and it could be something else. Your parents will not take you? What about your school nurse? Is there someone else in your family you can call, like your Grandparents or an Aunt and Uncle? You are in pain! That is not normal.

Even though you do not drive, what other way is there that you can get to the Health Center? Public transit? A relative? What would happen if you called this Health Center and explained what was going on and asked for help?

Nov 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    Could be a PID
    what's a pid?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 11:14 AM
    PID is Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, it is actually a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. Are you sexually active? If not, I wouldn't worry about this one.

However, it does sound like you have a urinary tract infection and it does need to be treated with proper antibiotics. It's amazing that your parents will not take you, this could get serious if left untreated.
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Yes, J, from her other posts, she is sexually active. Hope she gets help ASAP. Couldn't the parents face some trouble if they refuse to get to a doctor?
    silentrascal Posts: 194, Reputation: -2
    -

Nov 17, 2007, 11:30 AM
    It could be nothing more than a urinary tract infection or a possible bladder infection. In either case, a visit to the doctor is warranted.

Nov 17, 2007, 12:30 PM
    I'm not really sexually active. I've had sex a couple times, both with a condom. The condom didn't break or anything either, so I don't know.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 12:34 PM
    If you've had sex, you are sexually active. If you used a condom then the likelihood of it being an STD is low.

Tell your mom that you have a bladder infection and that you need to go to the doctor. Whatever you tell the doctor is private information and he cannot tell your parents unless you tell him it is okay to.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Talk to your parents again and explain to them that you are in severe pain and need to go to the doctor NOW. If they still won't take you, see if another relative can take you. If you can't get there this weekend, first thing at school Monday, go to the nurse and tell her what is going on. It's important to get this checked out. It may be a UTI, but it could also be something else. It's important to go to the doc even if it is just a UTI. It may or may not be serious, but better safe than sorry. Be honest with the doc about your sexual history too. Like J_9 said, they can't tell your folks unless you say it is OK.

Nov 19, 2007, 12:49 AM
    I think I'm skipping school tomorrow and going to the hospital because my parents finally believe it now that I'm like urinating blood. And it hurts so bad even to just sit here and type this. It really burns and its making me like cry. I don't know it just hurts. I'm done with this pain.
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 05:22 AM
    I hope you find out what is going on. Good luck with the doctor and in getting better.

Nov 19, 2007, 10:59 AM
    so I just got home from the doctor who I don't like cause all he ever does is give me random shots or just send me to some other place... and today was a lets send you seomwhere else day, so I'm leaving for some lab in a little bit. And apparently I have stones because that runs through my family which I just found out today. GREAT! :/
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 11:01 AM
    If you have stones, then you do need to see someone else. Good luck finding out and getting the right treatment.

Nov 19, 2007, 11:08 AM
    We don't know if I do. I just told my doctor what's been happening he said I don't know go see this person and sent me somewhere else. Which I'm going to in like an hour.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Well, it's good that you are getting treatment for it. Good luck and hope you are OK and feeling better soon! :)

Nov 19, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Blargh. Well I went to that place did this whole urine test and I don't know when I'm getting the results I'm kind of afraid to know what its going to be.. . I don't know I still feel sick.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Kidney stones-yes it hurts like hell. You need to continuously drink water to get your system to flush the stone out. I know how it feels-I have had them too.

The blood is the stone moving-that is a good sign, that the stone will get out soon-I feel sorry for you, but you must also ask about if the stone is giving you inflammation/infection-a good idea is to take ibuprofen-it is pain relief as well as anti inflammatory-good luck dear!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 07:12 PM
    It sounds like it probably is a UTI. Get it checked out pronto ; it can become serious if left untreated.

Nov 20, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    It sounds like it probably is a UTI. Get it checked out pronto ; it can become serious if left untreated.
    I did get it checked out I just haven't gotten my results back yet.:( so I don't know what it is. Most likely stones. Which would really suck :/ it hurts so bad
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
    I'd guarantee kidney stones... A uti rarely shows as blood in the urine. KS do show as hematanuria (bloody urine).

What do the results say?

BTW get an X-ray of your kidneys/ureters-this will prove kidney stones or otherwise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain - Gallbladder pain - any relation? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a crown put on last December and I had to go back to my Dentist 3 times to file it down because it would hurt really bad when I would bite down. The dentist did not fix my problem and I just refused to go back a 4th time. I just stopped eating on with this side of my mouth. I now have...

What's this pain [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone help me out on what this pain is? I went to the doctor yesterday, I'm 40 weeks along. I can't even walk as of this morning with out pain in my groin area. It doesn't hurt when I sit, but if I lay down, stand up, or walk, it's so sore. I have been having erratic contractions for 2 days....

Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

View more questions Search