Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MasterM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Fordyce's spots
    I have recently noticed I have some spots which have appeared onto my penis, I am most certain they are fordyce's spots. If so, are they harmful? And will I need treatment or will they disappear after a while? Please help!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Fordyce spots are small round 1 or 5 millimeters. Usually it is bright red or purple papules that appear on the penis. It could be on the glans, shaft or scrotum and usually affect younger men. Sometimes they occur as a solitary lesion but frequently appear in crops of fifty to one hundred. Normally, they are painless and not itchy. It is either of their appearance or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted. They are abnormally dilated blood vessels that are covered with thickened skin. During intercourse if they are injured, sometimes could bleed. Cause that makes them occurs in unknown but they are not infectious. There is no simple, reliable treatment to remove them, though there have been tried a number of approaches. Before you do anything, consult your doctor!

You can read more on the following site:
    Fordyce Spots in Adults: Condition, Treatment and Pictures - VisualDxHealth™
    MasterM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the help
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Most welcome. Hope you got to a doctor.
    Malica Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 09:35 AM
    <a href=”http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots”>Fordyce spots </a> or more commonly known as pearly penile papules are those little spots that some men find on the rim of their genitals. These are usually arranged in rows and almost completely cover the penal rim. Aptly named pearly penile papules because they are shaped like little inflamed pearls that are only found on the penis; although these might look like sexually transmitted genital warts they aren't. There are major differences between the two. Fordyce spots is not life threatening disease but it is not looks cool either .I t lowers the confidence of a man. So it is best to have <a href=”http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots”> treatment of Fordyce spot</a>.Fordyce spots are curable naturally . Having natural treatment than chemical drug is the best way to cure a diseases. Please read the article <a href=”http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots”> Fordyce spots</a> for more details about < a href=”http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots”>Fordyce spots and it's treatment.</a>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Fordyce's Granules [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, for a while I have had these whitish clear bumps at the base of my penis. I'm pretty sure they are Fordyce's Granules because I am not sexually active. However, one of the bumps seemed larger and whiter so I tried to pop it, now it is enlarged and white. What should I do?

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Possibly Fordyce's spots [ 3 Answers ]

I have these slightly palish small bumps about 3mm in diameter around the bottom of my penis they look a lot like fordyces spots but just abit different and they don't occupy all of my penis and they are spreading at an incredibly slow rate like continental movement slow I've had them for at least...

View more questions Search