Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needadvicenj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Why does it feel like she hates me?
    :confused: hi I am a single mom from nj,
    I work two jobs and do everything I can for my daughter and I just feel like its not ever going to be good enough for her. She is five years old and to smart for her own good. She has the most respect and well manners for everyone but me. What and how do I deal with it?? I never thought her words could hurt so much!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Welcome to motherhood!! Our children at this age expect a lot, much more than we can give sometimes.

You work 2 jobs? How much time do you get to spend with her? Where is she when you are working? What kinds of things do you do together?

She needs, wants, deserves your attention. Does she get it? Does she get enough?

I hate to answer questions with questions, but there are so many unanswered questions here, so many variables, that it is hard to give an adequate answer.
    whoknowswhattodo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by needadvicenj
    :confused: hi i am a single mom from nj,
    i work two jobs and do everything i can for my daughter and i just feel like its not ever going to be good enough for her. she is five years old and to smart for her own good. she has the most respect and well manners for everyone but me. what and how do i deal with it???i never thought her words could hurt so much!
    She can sense that you are trying to please her. STOP! Take care of yourself. Take care of her, but set definite limits. Don't allow her to mistreat you, she'll hate herself for it later. She is just doing what we humans naturally do... we take advantage of those that let us. I'm sure you've seen this in other relationships. It's natural.
    Teach her to earn things.
    Teach her compassion when you don't feel good, let her get you a blanket.
    Teach her that moms aren't made for wiping feet on. Yes we give and give, but set limits for her own good. Take a hot bath & polish your nails, mom... you deserve a break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It doesn't feel right nor does it feel the same no more [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have been going out since June 2 2007. Before when he asked me to be his girlfriend he use to talk to me more on msn and use to care a lot. But now its like everything is going wrong I got really mad at him. I am not sure if how I'm acting is the way a good girlfreind should be...

I think she hates me [ 3 Answers ]

I was at my g/f's birthday party about a week ago. Her best friend and I are pretty good friends. At the party, I was a little tired because I had only gotten 3 hours of sleep the night before, plus it was a particularly boring party... Anyway, my g/f's friend thinks I am going to break up with...

My mom hates me. What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

My mum really hates me and we had a little argument and now she hasn't spoken to me in ages. When she does talk to me, she says horrible things in a sly voice. I didn't even do anything wrong, I was just a little bit selfish that's all. And now that she's angry with me, my older sister is sucking...

Suiciding feel versus my living feel [ 4 Answers ]

hi all, I was good in studies at early stages and always conceal my sexual feels. Before one year I proposed to one girl my love. Surprisingly we two are loving one another. But we met once in 6 months. That's I met her recently after 5-6 months. But my problem is I am loving her without...

Why my daughter hates me? [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter always tells me that she hates me when she gets mad.

View more questions Search