Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christopher-roy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Felons and passports
    I am a convicted fellon for weed. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get a passport or if it is a waist of time to try for one? Please let me know. My email is [email protected] thank you for any info you can give me
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 09:35 PM
    You can get a passport but depending on your parole/probation rules, you may or may not be able to leave the country or even the state. Talk to your P.O. before you go and apply for a passport so you don't waste any money.
    bircht Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Can a two time felon, for dealing drugs, (been out of prison for 20 years) get a passport to travel out of the United States
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 08:12 AM
    They can get a passport, chances are that they may not be permitted by their probation or parole to leave the country though, have to ask the p.o. Since it's been 20 years, chances are probably good, just behave wherever you go! :P
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 08:22 AM
    Hello bircht:

It isn't a matter of HOW many times you've been convicted. It just ISN'T a factor at all.

YOU are a citizen. Your country cannot imprison you within it's borders.

And, if you don't believe any of that, believe this. I'm looking at my passport right now, and I have MORE convictions than you do.

excon
    grandmastephie Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Thank you guys soooo much... have been looking on here 4 2 hrs to find the answer to this ? Am almost 60 and my daughter was going to take me to jamica for my b-day... did a stupid thing when I was 22 and didn't know if I could get a passport or not.we all do stupid things in our lives, and it's up to us to make it right... I did... love to all...
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Anyone can get a passport but the country you go to can deny you entry. If you want to be safe (speaking to everyone here) just contact the nearest consulate of the country you want to visit and make sure you can travel there.
    Royce_C Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Comment on Lowtax4eva's post
    This is true Most countries will deny violent and sex offenders

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passports for Felons [ 4 Answers ]

Are convicted felons elible for passports in the state of Florida?

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a passport if you have a felony?:(

Passports [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon get a passport once probabtion is complete? And if the charge was falsifying a fed firearm document, will that stop other countries from allowing the felon to enter the country just to visit?

Passports [ 2 Answers ]

There is a lot of discussion on the topic of needing a passport to enter Into Canada next year (2007). Will it be necessary for american truck Drivers entering into Canada to have a passport?

View more questions Search