Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CheeseNipper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Is this considered unfit?
    I just found out that someone I was friends with for 10 years is a prostitute and she has a 9 month old baby. She leaves her baby with whoever will watch her, sometimes for days at a time. She also lives in a 2 bedroom house that currently has about 8 people living in it.
    Would this make her an unfit mother?
    We just recently stopped talking, once she became upset that I found out what she was doing, and I am very concerned for this baby.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Then report it to Children's Services
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
    All you can do is report it to CPS, if they feel that she is unfit they will take the proper steps to correct the "problem."
    CheeseNipper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    All you can do is report it to CPS, if they feel that she is unfit they will take the proper steps to correct the "problem."
    Thanks for your answer! I want to report it, I just wasn't sure after all that I've read on here, if it would actually be considered unfit.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2007, 04:08 PM
    That's really not your call. Let children's services decide. Better to be safe than sorry.
    whoknowswhattodo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseNipper
    I just found out that someone I was friends with for 10 years is a prostitute and she has a 9 month old baby. She leaves her baby with whoever will watch her, sometimes for days at a time. She also lives in a 2 bedroom house that currently has about 8 people living in it.
    Would this make her an unfit mother?
    We just recently stopped talking, once she became upset that I found out what she was doing, and I am very concerned for this baby.
    Yes this is unfit in more ways than one. Please report any specifics to the children's agency in your area. The living conditions alone sound unfit. Her profession is, too. You'll have to give specific details. Call the agency, they'll tell you what you need to find out for them. She needs help, not kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this considered cheating? [ 12 Answers ]

My husband and I decided to try a three some with another girl four years ago. So when the time came, everything was going well, but suddenly, it seemed like a nightmare. Him and 'her' kept going at it, even though I told him to stop. They were doing it in front of me for two hours straight....

What is considered an unfit parent [ 10 Answers ]

I know someone( a neighbor) who has 2yr old daughter and she parties every weekend either at a club or at home and the little girl is around if she is partying at home and if she goes out she lets whoever watch her. She does receive child support but makes up excuses every time the father wants to...

Is this truck considered stolen? [ 4 Answers ]

Before our divorce, my ex husband gave my son (not his bio. Son) a truck for his 18th birthday. The titled was signed by both of them and dated. We didn't transfer the title over immediatelt because my son couldn't afford the insurance. Nonetheless, the title was signed over to him. A year later...

Can these be considered in returns [ 4 Answers ]

1)My friends parents came to US to visit him and were here for a month or so. What are the returns he can ask for while filing his tax returns? Can he ask for returns on their travel tickets from home country to US? They also traveled within US. 2) My friend has been supporting his brother ( age...

View more questions Search