Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpasive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Overwhelming mortgage rate
    I have several problems looming over my head:

1. Mortgage gone up from 6.5% to 9.5% and may go up again Feb 2008 to 13%.
    Currently I'm paying 2450 for a 2br2 1/2 bath condo in Murrieta, CA.
    I've tried reducing rates in various ways but failed in each aspect.

2. My property tax has been ridiculously going up since 2005 and this year I have to pay $4500 which I can't afford.

3. I do not know whether I should declare bankruptcy or foreclose on the house because I do not have anyway of paying the property tax and the possible increase in mortgage payments.

4. Being in the military, is there anything I can do?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Being in the military won't help you any, but I suggest moving to a more affordable area/home. :(

Unfortunately, mortgage rates force many people to choose between moving or losing their home to foreclosure.

You may want to get a financial adviser to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjustable rate mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a 5 year ARM at 4.5% interest we initially decided on it Because we thought our company would move us before 5 years. Now we Have decided we both like it here and know we will stay past the five years. We are currently in year 2 of the 5 year ARM. Now I am trying to decide ...

Adding someone to mortgage/lowering rate [ 1 Answers ]

If you add someone to a mortgage that has good credit will this allow you to Get a better rate and lower payments or must you refinance in order to do this? Torrie

Overwhelming debt [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 years ago I signed for 3 different credit cards and a department store card with my daughter as an authorized user. At the time her husband was working and making a good income but their previous credit was bad. Everything was o.k. and the bills were paid on time and in excess of the...

View more questions Search