Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bailey2607 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Changing political party
    Hello there! I live in Kansas and have already registered as a democrat. I would like to change to independent. How do I go about doing this? Thank you very much.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Hello bailey:

Call your county Registrar of Voters.

excon
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Nov 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Your local post office should have voter registration forms that you can then send in to register as an Indie. Also, your local government website (state and city) will probably have some sort of link to a downloadable voter registration form.

Elliot
    Duckling Posts: 45, Reputation: 9

Nov 13, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Make sure that when you send your forms to for the changes, to double check that the change have actually been made, because there were problems in previous elections where the changes accidentally did not go through.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 06:23 PM
    I'm a registered Republican; however, I can vote for candidates or a slate of candidates in either party in primaries or the General Election. That ease in voting may be a perk of living in the State of Illinois, the greatest state in the Union.

So, did you get a *voter identification card* in the mail after you registered? You should have. Look on the reverse side and it should tell you how and where to make changes. You will need to show your current card to facilitate any changes, such as change in party affiliation or change of address, name change, etc.

Good Luck!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
    excon, I moved to DuPage County, one of the most Republican Counties in AMERICA, so I thought I would register as a Republican! LOL! I didn't want to miss anything. :) It is so Republican that many local Republican candidates run unopposed by Dems, but one can select among Republicans!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Political Science [ 1 Answers ]

What does electoral vote mean?

Political Riddle [ 18 Answers ]

Why do you suppose: Let's see now... in the field of GOP candidates, declared and potential, Southern Conservatives have to choose between... An twice-married, admitted adulterer who's going to be 72 in 2008... An thrice-married adulterer... A thrice married Italian Catholic...

Change Political Party Affiliation [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Moundsville, WV, and would like to ungegister from my political party and register as an Independent. How do I go about doing this? You help will be apprecated.

Political limericks [ 9 Answers ]

Join in if you can do one better. All for Poo and giggles... This was written by imo at japantoday forum at limericks R us. There once was a president named bush Who flew by the seat of his tush About his vision, when queried He said, I have a great theory

View more questions Search