Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessechenven Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2005, 11:20 AM
    REC for my tenant
    One of my tenants is interested in buying the property she lives in, but can't do it through traditional means. The property has two houses each bringing in $700/month. It is worth 200,000 or so. I want to explore different options since. My ideas so far have been:
    -Lease with option to buy. Agree on a predetermined price. My tenant pays an extra sum each month (2-300). At the end of 3 years (or whatever) she can use the extra payments as a down on the house. If she pulls out early or can't commit at the end of term, I keep the extra cash. If I pull out early (because I need to sell), I pay her back the extra she gave me.
    -REC, she puts down a small amount (1-3%) and I do a 5-7 year balloon schedule at 7.5 or 8%. In this situation she would collect all the rent from the whole property.

Only problem with the second one is, what if I want to sell early for whatever reason?

I don't currently have a mortgage on the property, but might refinance to purchase other properties, how does this figure into the equation?

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Tenant won't leave [ 7 Answers ]

I have a tenant with a month to month lease. He has not paid rent in 3 months. He has been served with 3 day notice and 30 day notice. He has since physically left, moved into hotel. But all belongings are still here. I have not gotten the keys back. How long must I wait to remove his stuff. Do I...

Leasing Tenant evicting another Tenant [ 1 Answers ]

What is required by the court in the state of Michigan for a listed Tenant to Evict a non listed Tenant on a lease/land contract when the non listed Tenant pays the monthly rent, and all utilities are in non listed tenants name at the residents and both have been a resident from day one and the...

Tenant [ 4 Answers ]

My question is in New Hampshire deposit law.We moved out,had house cleaned,painted walls and door jams.We gave them 30+days notice.I took pictures but forgot news paper,opps.We have been out for 1 month,but no return of deposit.We have called 3 times,no response.We were told they are having Home...

Tenant vs. Landlord, VA [ 4 Answers ]

This one is a bit complicated... any help would be greatly appreciated... I was told by a woman I was working with that she had a house I could move in to and pay her "whatever" for the moment because she was paying the mortgage and it was empty. Something is better than nothing. I moved in...

Tenant [ 2 Answers ]

Does landlord have to actually give you 30 days for eviction or is it automatic?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.