Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Custer Boggess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Repairing drywall
    While installing a fan in my bedroom, I slipped off the joice because of bad knees, causing a( t ) type of crack extending to about a foot which looks like a stress crack in my bed room. The crack is no where around the fan. I have spread a powered mix with water serveral times and let dry only to look like a bad job. Is there a way of doing a better job. Thank you
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Nov 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
    If it's not too deep, caulk, believe it or not, works great. It seals, but also endures expansion. It's great for spots where walls meet, or where walls meet ceilings.

XenoSapien
    TerryB Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Nov 19, 2007, 03:19 PM
    You should mud and tape the crack. If it's along the drywall joints you should put in some new screws as well since you may have "popped" the drywall loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairing muscles [ 8 Answers ]

How would I be able to stop my lef calf muscle from hurting constantly, I've either pulled it, bruised it or damaged it the pain is originating from about 3 inches under the knee cap, down the left side of my left leg

Repairing Shower Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone provide me instruction on replacing a shower faucet. The water will not shut off so I have to replace the valve??

Replacing/repairing Veneer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I just purchased a secretary from a second hand store. I am not sure of the wood; however, it is a majestic and heavy piece. I noticed on the drawer fronts that they are veneer and are not in good shape. I'm thinking about removing the veneer and replacing it. Is this something a novice...

Repairing Plaster walls [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is over 100 years old. The walls have cracks and places where the plaster is coming loose from the wall. I would like a quick and easy cheap fix. Have any Ideas? Thank You Kyle

Repairing cinderblock foundation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I posted this in Exterior Home Improvement but it has not received any replies. I thought it might be better suited here. My house is on a hill so the front is at level with the street and the back foundation is partly exposed. The garge is part of the basement and level with the...

View more questions Search