Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbi2k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Cat urine smell in carpet
    At some point one of the starys I feed has managed to get in and leave me a nasty niff on my office carpet.

I have washed it with warm water and detergent on 5 separate occasions but I can not get rid of the smell and now I am sure the damp carpet is making it worse.

Any ideas gratefully received
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Try a pet oder spray remover. You can buy them at most pet stores. This works good
    http://www.justrite.com/
    You can also try making a spray with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I like a product called urine gone, I can tell you that it is very effective and did not damage my carpet. This product is sold at the big box stores, CVS,Walmart, K-mart etc... for about 10 dollars a bottle follow directions and it is very effective.
    I have also seen seen where vinegar is said to work.
    katieperez Posts: 236, Reputation: 35

Nov 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Ooh yuck. Was it regular pee or was it male cat spray? The spray, I can honestly say is the most awful scent that has ever entered my nose. Ever. Period. Anyway, in addition to the excellent suggestions already made, I've had some luck with NaturesMiracle on regular pee. I had a stray cat that I took in for a bit and he sprayed my couch. I had it professionally cleaned to no avail. So I replaced the cushions. If it's cat spray, my prayers are with you.
    Debbi2k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Thanks All.

I will start with the baking soda suggestion,move onto vingar and if the smell is still there I will look for some UK alternatives to your shop purchased sprays.

Failing that it's a new floor covering I think as I have to sit in this room nearly all day working and the smell in in my nose and throat... yukkkk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat urine on carpet? [ 10 Answers ]

My cat urinated in a couple places in my basement. I've tried everything to clean the mess and make the odor go away. I've shampooed it and used carpet cleaner, pet deoderizes, etc. but nothing seems to help, the stinch still remains.. Any suggestions?

Dog smell in carpet from peeing how do I get the smell out/ [ 16 Answers ]

How do I get the dog pee smell out of my carpet?

Urine smell Comes and Goes [ 3 Answers ]

We have a cottage in which we are getting very intermittent smells of urine (we believe). It shows up at odd times in one of our three bedrooms. Stays around for a few minutes and then after opening a window disappears. The bathrooms do not smell. I have checked the plumbing in the crawl space and...

Cat urine on carpet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a cat that likes to urinate on the carpet. I've tried many products to remove the smell. Nothing works. Can someone give me any helpful hints?

Urine smell from a/c vents [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new home and new a/c, and a urine smell comes out of the vents after it reaches the set temp. How can I get a fresher smell out of it?

View more questions Search