Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handsonart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Bathtub drain repair replacement
    I have someone coming over for repair work tomorrow.. had a leak in basement- (main drain) liquid waste was coming through crack in cement from outside). In addition to this problem I've noticed that my upstairs tub/shower drain has not been holding water.. and once leaked out of ceining vent/fan in main floor when emptying..
    My questions is this-
    Do I have the plumber repair/replace the drain in the upstairs tub/shower tomorrow and break a hole in the wall to repair (have wall paper.. ) or since I was thinking of renovationing this bathroom do I wait.. is this a part that gets replaced when you put in a new tub and would it be a waste of money and hole in the wall to do now?
    Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 6, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Do I have the plumber repair/replace the drain in the upstairs tub/shower tomorrow and break a hole in the wall to repair (have wall paper.. ) or since I was thinking of renovationing this bathroom do I wait.. is this a part that gets replaced when you put in a new tub and would it be a waste of money and hole in the wall to do now?
    If you don't have a access panel behind the front of your tub you're going to hafta cut one in before the plumber can replace the tub. Your loss of water in the tub's can be repaired by adjusting the linkage in the tub waste and overflow. Good lucki, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement or repair of casement windows [ 18 Answers ]

Our house is in need of replacement or repair of several casement windows. I'm looking for information on quality contractors in the Wichita, Kansas area. If not specific contractors, things to look for in contractors. I am extremely suspicious about most contractors and it is very difficult to...

Bathtub slow drain (used to drain OK!) [ 15 Answers ]

First, Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for any help. My bathtub used to drain properly (I think.) but not fast IIRC. I've done some searching around the site and found a few good ideas. So according to some suggestions, I've done the following. Unscrewed and remove the overflow...

Bathtub removal and replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to embark on a rather ambitious 2nd floor bathroom refit at my son's house. The appliances are about 30 years old, and everything is going to be replaced; tub, sink/vanity,toilet, and tiles and gypsum board all around the tub. They have left too many tiles with missing grout for too...

Fireplace repair/replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure if this should be here or in the construction forum but... We have a brick fireplace on our house that is spalling. The prior owner painted the brick with regular housepaint instead of masonry paint so the bricks could breathe. There are some cracked fire bricks in the back of the...

View more questions Search