Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alibali55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Failed pregnancy tests
    I am 12 days late with my period and this is a rarity with me, on the odd occasion I go 3 days over. I have taken 3 tests all which say I'm NOT pregnant, but I can't help but wonder as I have several symptoms; knees and back are hurting, heartburn, funny taste in my mouth and small cramping feelings in my abdomen - nothing too painful. I don't have any of the above symptoms normally plus the fact that the only time I ever tasted this metallic taste before was when I was pregnant with my first child. Is it possible to have THREE failed tests? (they were all different brands)
    Please help!! I was wondering if maybe an ectopic or something similar was stopping the hormone being present in my urine??
    Thanks
    naomib123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Hi there would it be a bad thing if you were to have another baby our do you not feel ready for another one maybe you should go see your doctor ask him what the problem would be I think you should even talk to your partner about it what ever you do our what ever happens I wish you all the luck in the world don't worry it will all be OK u will see
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Ectopic pregnancy would still yield a positive on a pregnancy test. Are you taking the tests using first morning urine? If not, you should. If you are, then it may be time for a visit to the doctor for a blood test.
    tamed Posts: 255, Reputation: 33

Nov 5, 2007, 04:45 AM
    My advice to you would be to make an appointment with your Dr for a quantitative blood test if your hpt's are still coming up negative and you haven't got your period. Good luck to you, hope it all goes well for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy tests [ 3 Answers ]

If a pregnancy test is not made with first morning urine, does it make a difference in the results being positive or negative?

Pregnancy Tests [ 7 Answers ]

I know you can take a pregnancy test 5 days before your missed period... I was just wondering if there was a test that you can take sooner? Or if there's a test you can take as soon as you think you conceived? I know it takes about 6 days for the pregnant hormone to be detected in your body...

Home Pregnancy tests [ 7 Answers ]

Help! Anyone, I am really anxious as to wheter or not I may be pregnant. Going by my ovulation date which was 19th may (Sat), would it be worth using a HPT kit today, I really really want to know.

Are pregnancy tests right [ 3 Answers ]

I came of the depo injection in dec 06 as the doctor thought it was making bleed.I then went on the pill and had my last bleed on the 28th jan 07 which I decided to stop the pill and try for another baby.I have not had a period since.my breasts hurt and my belly is hard and swollen but still no...

View more questions Search