Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JamesChets Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2005, 02:11 PM
    Limit Wake
    What should I look for in a boat design that limits wake?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Wake
    Hi,
    As an avid fisherman, 63 yrs old, and have a 15 foot bass boat with a 70 horse motor, I have experienced many wakes; with most on lakes that are good fishing sites, but have many, many power boat skiers. Wakes aren't good for fishing!
    Anyway, here is a link:
    http://www.boaterexam.com/usa/westvi...-the-boat.html

Scroll down about 1/3 the way, to see the different types of hull designs.
    I don't know what type of boat you want, so with that in mind, the best hull design for less wake is a flat-bottom boat.
    Please also consider the safety factor. In viewing the site above, it also gives safety considerations for the different boat hull designs.
    Flat-bottom boats create less wake, and also depends on the weight of the boat, but at the same time, aren't as "stable" in the water as others.
    Deep-V hull boats create the most wake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mouth Dry every time I wake up [ 11 Answers ]

I would like to know what does it mean when every time I weak up from sleeping my mouth is always dry. Its like I have to go run and get something to drink. Then on top of that I be feeling really bad. Can someone please email me back soon Thank You

Limit switch [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner's pan was full, we emptied it and now it won't cut on. Where is the reset button for the limit switch? Is there one? We can't find it.

Don't Wake Me I'm Dreamin' [ 1 Answers ]

There's this old song that's goes "turn off the lights and unplug the phone" And then it goes into Don't wake me I'm dreamin And there harmonizing in it... so yeah a:confused: little help please?

What's the Limit? [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have an nVidia GeForce 5500 PCI graphics card in my PC. I have no AGP slots. My PC is a Compaq Presario SR1120NX. The graphics card works fine, but I know it's outdated. I want to move up to something that delivers more punch, but am having trouble finding anything. I've looked at...

View more questions Search