Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Teresa Rigby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Bankruptcy chapter 13
    What are the chances of keeping your house, car etc, if you should decide no longer stay in a chapter 13 bankruptcy?
    Teresa Rigby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 10:50 PM
    If you come out from under the chapter 13 bankruptcy before it is paid in full... will you lose anything if you continue to make your payments? Our attorney will not give us a dismisal date so it is putting our house and car, etc. further behind schedule of making the payments. The creditors will not accept payment until the case is dismissed. What should we do?
    txhutch07 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 02:21 PM
    That's normal that the creditors wouldn't want to accept payment until after the dismissal as they could get in trouble with the trustee as it sounds that the trustee has been making your mortgage payment through the plan. The creditors should be able to tell you on their systems the status of the accounts even though they are receiving funds from the trustee. You need ask them specifically what would happen if your case should dismiss. What are their procedures in handling a dismissed chapter 13? Depending on the trustee he/she will disburse the funds on hand to the creditors or return to you. Be prepared that your unsecured creditors will able to pursue you once the case is dismissed unless you file a prior chapter 7 that discharged them. Any additional funds you have on hand put them aside as you will need those to reach an arrangement after the case is dismissed.

Did you file a motion to voluntarily to dismiss? There should be a hearing date set usually within 20-30days, 45days at the most of filing the motion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy chapter 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Can you drop out of bankruptcy chapter 13 on your own and make arrangement with the debtor to pay them

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

If someone files bankruptcy, and then finds out a rich relative dies and is in line for an inheritance, how will that affect the bankruptcy proceedings.

Bankruptcy help [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to go through bankruptcy, I have to get all my information together for my consultation. I live with my father and I was just wondering if anybody knows if this will hurt him at all? I have about 24,000 in debt all through credit cards, I am now off work for medical reasons expected to...

Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I was declared bankrupt in Dec 03. I have not had any correspondence stating the length of time l am bankrupt. Is there a site l could go on with maybe a register of bankrupts?

View more questions Search