Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smilestyle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2005, 04:54 PM
    HB fan - light dimmed humming
    I have two hampton bay redington IV fans... they have dimmable lights however, when the lights are dimmed they produce a high pitch hum.. any advice?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 05:07 PM
    If still in warrantee, take them back. Otherwise, I would take everything apart that will come apart and secure anything that could be vibrating. If neither of those works, buy new dimmer switches.
    smilestyle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2005, 10:39 PM
    Thanks lab man
    It's strange because it's not like a vibration part or somethingand and doesn't make any noise when the lights are at full strength... I guess I can't avoid having to take them back...

Thanks
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 11:17 PM
    This is when you dim the lights with the remote, correct, not with a wall control? Is any other control hooked to the circuit? When you dim the lights is the fan speed affected in any way?

Are you using the proper light bulbs?

Here's some more information on ceiling fan troubleshooting:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...ng-and-FAQ.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan light dimmed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunington Bay Ceiling Fan/light with remote control. Last night the light suddenly dimmed. I exchanged with new light. It's still the same. Wondering if anyone can have some idea to help me fix the problem. Thanks, Kwang

Humming pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, over the last couple of days there was like a roaring noise that would go off at different times in the house. I narrowed it down to the water pipes. Under the bathroom sink, if you put your hand on the cold water, you can feel the vibration, but not on the hot. While the noise is...

Ceiling fan humming ut not spinning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I switched the rotation of my ceiling fan and now it will not spin either way but it does hum so I know it is trying any idea how I can fix tis I checked all the leads on the switch that changes the rotation of the fan and they are all connected thanks for your help Jester P.D. I don't...

Heater humming [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 30 yr old Amana central heater. This morning I set it to go on (auto) and it just hums. The blower won't go on. I unplugged it. What could the problem be?

Blower is humming [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Magic CHef forced air blower that has been working fine, but now hums-even if the t-stat is set in off. Any ideas. Thanks.

View more questions Search