Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Greyface Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Troubleshooting Sears Lawn Tractor
    Troubleshooting Sears LT with a 17.5 2006 B&S Engine.Unit won't start. Isolated problem to fuel solenoid on bottom of carb. How is the solenoid wired into the system? Is there an interlock safety switch that might be the culprit?:confused:
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 07:56 PM
    MANUALS, PARTS LISTS & WIRING DIAGRAMS

Manuals, Parts List & Wiring Diagrams - - Briggs & Stratton

If this helps -- please rate my answer
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Are you getting current to the fuel solenoid? How did you test the solenoid?
    Rgomez316 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2010, 06:44 AM

I have a sear B&S Lawn tractor. It starts but when I release the clutch or try to engage the blade, it dies.
    Cheech_27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 08:24 AM
    Heard a clunk sound. Engine shut off & now the starter will not turn. Have replaced the battery & solenoid but the starter will turn. Where should I look to find the problem?
    GB_55564 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 09:10 AM

I have a Craftsman 15.5 HP lawn Tractor Model 917.270613. It will start when the brake is depressed, but when the brake is released or try to engage the mower blades the engine shuts off. What would casuse this problem?
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2010, 11:35 AM

GB check your seat switch
    tigermoth64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2011, 12:06 PM
    Comment on GB_55564's post
    Have the same problem with a 22.5 hp model 917258900
    charn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Craftsman 20 hp 46 in lawn tractor that starts but shuts down when either the pedal is released or the blades are engaged.
    I checked the seat safety switch and it meters OK
    captmenees Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 01:35 PM
    I have a 48" 25hp I believe the mod. # is 917.272260. It is a hydromatic drive. For a while it would not go forward for a couple of seconds then jump forward. Now it will only go in reverse and will not go forward, any ideas. Thanks Phil..
    kl grayson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 10:08 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem as other members,when I press in the clutch the engine starts,when I let off the clutch or engage the blades the engine shuts down on me. Anyone with some suggestions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I troubleshooting my MTD lawn tractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi There, I have one MTD lawn tractor for many years. It is a MTD 14.5/42” 7 speed model. It stopped working during cutting the grass recently, and then I could not start this tractor any more. After then, I had replaced the new battery, new air filter, and the new spark plug. I had changed...

Sears Lawn Tractor [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the blades. One side cuts lower than the other?

Sears lawn tractor brakes [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old (1980) sears 12 hp lawn tractor at my summer home that lost its brakes all of a sudden. I do not have the model number or anything but it is the old style gray sears tractor that you see all the time. It has a 4 speed manual tranny. When you push in the brake/clutch, it does not...

Sears lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

Can some one tell me how to replace belt on sears ss/16 twin lawn tractor this is a older mower.

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 HP Craftsman lawn tractor that will not move. The clutch works and it goes into gearbut the flat wheel spins and the gear wheel seems too have not enough pressure on it to move. Could this be just a loose drive belt? Thanks, Charlie

View more questions Search