Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dnixon91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Chapter 7 or 13
    What is the differents between chapter 7 and 13
    txhutch07 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a federal court procedure in which debtors are able to eliminate most types of unsecured debt. Chapter 7 bankruptcy is often called the liquidation bankruptcy and aims to give individuals a fresh start.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a federal court process in which debtors are able to repay all or some of their debts through an interest-free payment plan over a 3 or 5 year period. Chapter 13 bankruptcy is often called the reorganization or repayment bankruptcy.

If you are considering filing, please obtain a good attorney. Most bankruptcy attorneys will do a free consultation. That way if you are not comfortable with one you can go to another one.

I worked for a creditor for almost 10 years and really wish people did their homework before filing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My mother on chapter 13 and she wants out.She has a lot of equity in her home.But she's Not sure what subprime lender to go with. I also wanted to know, Can I change her house deed in my name?

Chapter 11 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, Can somebody explain me what is chapter 11 filing? I have heard about it a number of times that an XYZ company has filed for chapter 11... What is it actually and are there any other chapters? Will appreciate if somebody explains it to me. Thanks in advance. Regards, Jawad.

Chapter 13 [ 4 Answers ]

:eek: This has been three years in the making. I could go on and on about the reason this mess was started and you would feel for me but I feel sorry enough for myself. This vinue has helped me so much. Most everyone's advice is sound and true. Thank you in advance. I filed chapter 13 three years...

Chapter 1 [ 3 Answers ]

1)You can always add two numbers that have the same units.However,you cannot always add two numbers that have the same dimensions.Explain why not,and inlcude an example in your explanation. ____________________________________________ a)Is it possible for two quantities to have the same...

View more questions Search