Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddbrads Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Dryer will not heat up
    Can you tell by looking at the heating element weather its bad or not? Or do you need to test it somehow?
    J Costa Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Nov 4, 2007, 06:38 AM
    You need to test it you will need an ohm meter first unplug your appliance then gain access to your element take the two leads off and put your test leads from meter on the terminals if it shows resistance usually low no more than 50 the element is good. If no reading then it is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer runs but does not heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore dryer that runs but does not heat. I had this problem last week so I tested all parts with my ohm meter I found that the Thermal cut-off was not working. I replaced the Hi-Limit Thermostat and the Thermal Cut-Off (fuse). The Thermal cut-off is burnt out once again. I do not want...

Dryer won't heat up [ 3 Answers ]

Our gas dryer has suddenly stopped heating up when I turn it on. Everything seems OK but there is no heat an dno drying going on. Any ideas?

Dryer without heat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore dryer, which I used yesterday to do some laundry, and it worked fine. This morning I wake up to finish the laundry. And the dryer is not heating up at all. It turns on and spins the clothes, but its been on for over an hour and everything inside is cold and wet. The model # is...

Dryer does not have any heat [ 7 Answers ]

What happens when my dryer has no heat?

Dryer won't heat [ 2 Answers ]

We have replaced all heating elements, fuses, thermostats, etc... We have checked all wiring with the relay switch and still only blows cold air. We have the Kenmore 80 series. Can someone please help us?:(

View more questions Search