Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 12:27 PM
    What is it?
    OK so I am 16, and I feel very ignorant about this. I have been getting my period since I was 13, and I only know that I get it because my body is like cleaning itself or something. But what exactly goes on though a month of a woman's life with her body? I don't really understand that very well...
    HollyAnngel Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Nov 3, 2007, 12:40 PM
    A period is meant to get your body ready for conseption. The uterus and the ovarys act to conceive every month... I have been reading up cause I may be pregnant so here is some help. From Ovulation to Early Pregnancy: A Week by Week Cycle Tutorial
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Thank you
    babykat Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Every month, one of your ovaries get ready to release an ovum (egg) which if fertilized by a sperm will become a baby. Your uterus, meanwhile, prepares itself for possible fertilization by thickening its lining (called the endometrium) so that the fertilized egg will implant have a place to stay and get nourishment while it grows to become a baby. If fertilization doesn't occur, then the lining prepared by the uterus must be shed and that is what comes out as your menstruation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search