Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Causes of baby loss
    Does anyone know what the commonest causes of recurrent miscarriages are and in what order? Is there a website that can help?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Usually miscarried babies are genetic anomalies who wouldn't be able to survive anyway. Although certain ones "make it through" and can often survive (such as occurs with children having Down's Syndrome, which results from having an extra copy of chromosome #21) most miscarriages are genetic defects and a miscarriage is nature's way of ridding itself of them.
    HollyAnngel Posts: 38, Reputation: 4

Nov 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Pregnancy Loss, Miscarriage and Stillbirth : American Pregnancy Association I hope this helps...
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Nov 3, 2007, 03:40 PM
    It is thought that a high % of miscarriages are due to a spontaneous genetic or structural abnormality in the baby. Other, less common, medical causes for miscarriage are infection of the uterus during early pregnancy, medical interventions to detect abnormalities in the baby (A CVS (done between 10 to 12 weeks) or an amniocentesis, (done between 14 to 18 weeks) can increase a woman's risk of miscarrying her baby.), a weakened cervix that can allow the cervical muscle to spontaneously open, a blow to the woman's lower stomach, an unusual shaped uterus, implantation on a fibroid, age of the mother, and also health of the mother. Remember most miscarriages have little to do with the mother and everything to do with the baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Let us not forget drug use, alcohol, exposure to communicable diseases...

Many women will never know the reason that she miscarried. Along that same line, 99% of us women have had a miscarriage, we just didn't even know we were pregnant.

I mention drugs and alcohol because many women drink and do drugs during the weeks before they know they are pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At a loss? [ 13 Answers ]

I have been raising my sisters oldest son for 1 yr. 600 miles away from her because she was homeless, he is 15. She is living with a friend and is on ssi and now has a job too. She is on welfare as well, foodstamps. She is telling my parents she has been sending me 300 dollars a month for his care,...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

At a loss... [ 10 Answers ]

So I dated this guy on and off for 4 years and I was so in love with him even though he treated me really bad, whenever we went out on dates he always made me pay he paid only like 3 times in the whole time that we dated. On his birthdays and holidays I always got him big things and in between I...

View more questions Search