Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Nov 3, 2007, 09:26 AM
    How did you propose?
    I was just curious to hear some proposal stories. Are there any that are, really different than your typical on-one-knee?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Ours was absolutely boring...

Wed been together for some time and talked about marriage, and after a new years eve party we were up, having breakfast.

I asked her so when are we getting married. She said well, when should we... and it just went from there... no engagement ring, no down on one knee... after several minutes of talk we realized we were now planning, and then called the parents to let them know...

Call us no-nonsense kind of people. Shed been engaged before (didnt work out) and hated long engagements. She wanted a simple gold ring without any crazy embellishments or rocks... just something simple without pretense. So for us it was more of a formality... we already knew it was likely going to happen, even without the pomp.

Now... if you want to know how we started dating, that is a story worth writing...
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 10:56 AM
    With a bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and the pregnancy report in the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Propose? [ 8 Answers ]

Seeing as no one here has replied to any of my previous questions (which I really hope someone is going to soon, please!) I would like to ask for advise and better yet, if someone can see into my future... I am thinking of proposing to this guy who I have mentioned in my earlier question. His dob...

When should I Propose? [ 18 Answers ]

Im 16 and wondering when is the right age to Propose!! Me and my girlfriend talk about getting married all the time but I want to know when will b the right time to actually pop the question?:confused:

Want to propose [ 11 Answers ]

Here's the little issue. Next month, my girfriend and I will have been going out for a year, but the month after that, I would like to propose to her. I just want to know, is it too soon? Should I wait longer? I love her a lot, but I just don't know if it would appear if we are going fast, I...

Is he getting ready to propose [ 4 Answers ]

What are the signs he is about to propose marriage, or he is thinking about proposing?

View more questions Search